Windshield wiper question

Not to be an a$$, but hopefully you know that in addition to moving the stalk up to delay, you have to rotate the knob for speed control.

Lol, no worries man, yes I know that. Rotating the knob did absolutely nothing. The first and second mode were the same no matter what. The fastest mode work correctly though

Trouble I have with my intermittent wipers is they work OK but the range of speeds is poor - they are all basically the same. Are they all like that?

Trouble I have with my intermittent wipers is they work OK but the range of speeds is poor - they are all basically the same. Are they all like that?

Not mine for sure… you could have a broken pin or two as well OR… might be a switch issue. Post a show vid of the different speeds

I’ll be sure to let you all know. My first attempt I’m just trying bending the pin further up.. maybe it will work, or maybe it will stop at the incorrect position idk. But If it does work I’ll be taking it apart again and greasing it so I’ll probably take pics and make a how to.

If this first approach works but stops in the wrong spot I may try soldering an extension to the broken pin to get it in the correct contact spot.

I had the same problem on a 1997 Silverado and bending the tab out just a bit fixed the problem. I think it would intermittently stop in the wrong spot no matter where the switch position was set. I believe you will fix it.

I had the same problem on a 1997 Silverado and bending the tab out just a bit fixed the problem. I think it would intermittently stop in the wrong spot no matter where the switch position was set. I believe you will fix it.

Lol, well I wish it did… but for some reason the motor just stopped working completely after I did this. Took it back apart and bent the tab back down, still doesn’t work. Why did I have to mess with it again? Lol

• Sad
Reactions: MikekiM
Ended up ordering one of them, thanks! Hopefully all is working correctly like they state. I’ll still try to get this working though for a spare

Just ordered from deadjeep.com. Be patient, because they dont get in a huge hurry to get it to you. I ordered a part on 7/13 and they said it might be here the 27th it actually made it here today. But……I’m always in a hurry to get my parts, so I take most of the blame. I like three day shipping. The part they sent me was in great shape, so I’ll use them more.