Work from home LJ

OP
kameronkales

kameronkales

LJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just got absolutely wrekt by the install kit on the swayloc.

Took me about 30 minutes to get this stupid little stud out after installing on driver side.

I was fighting the stud real hard to even get a nut on it, so I’m thinking something wasn’t right out of the box.

The supplied hardware wouldn’t go on without an absolute fight. I should have known better

Going to hardware store to get some different options and continue with install.

1FCFC5F3-8954-4236-85CB-DCA6171AC2E6.jpeg

NskLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just got absolutely wrekt by the install kit on the swayloc.

Took me about 30 minutes to get this stupid little stud out after installing on driver side.

I was fighting the stud real hard to even get a nut on it, so I’m thinking something wasn’t right out of the box.

The supplied hardware wouldn’t go on without an absolute fight. I should have known better

Going to hardware store to get some different options and continue with install.

View attachment 348294

Looks like there was not enough threads engaged. I think I had to use a longer bolt to pull it in to where I could get the stud threaded. You may of needed to run a tap in to clean up the threads also.

Reactions: kameronkales
OP
kameronkales

kameronkales

LJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Yep. I used an entirely different stud the rest of install and it went 100x better. For whatever reason, the one included in the box wasn’t quite right

OP
kameronkales

kameronkales

LJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ended up throwing 2 small washers on each steering stop to prevent rubbing. I’ll revisit once I’ve installed the new springs/35s