Work from home LJ

I'm running 33's with 3" lift and 1.25 BL with the stock linkage. I have the cables sitting in the bag....just haven't got around to it. great build, you're stock piling some good parts.

Reactions: kameronkales
I’m going to need extended bump stops for the suspension set up I’m intending on running.

I’ve seen the DIY hockey pucks and the Currie options. What would you all recommend?

I can go Currie if you all think it’s worth it, but it seems a little absurd to put $300 of bump stops on.

Any other recommendations or should I just pay up?

Also need recommendations for rear extended sway bar links. I’m going Swayloc in front and figured I’d throw on extended links in back to see if I even needed / noticed not having Swayloc/antirock in rear.

JKS has some for $100. Currie / Savvy have some for $48. JKS look to be adjustable, Currie and savvy look fixed.

Any recommendations there?

I’m going to need extended bump stops for the suspension set up I’m intending on running.

I’ve seen the DIY hockey pucks and the Currie options. What would you all recommend?

I can go Currie if you all think it’s worth it, but it seems a little absurd to put $300 of bump stops on.

Any other recommendations or should I just pay up?

Also need recommendations for rear extended sway bar links. I’m going Swayloc in front and figured I’d throw on extended links in back to see if I even needed / noticed not having Swayloc/antirock in rear.

JKS has some for $100. Currie / Savvy have some for $48. JKS look to be adjustable, Currie and savvy look fixed.

Any recommendations there?

I've been using a set of rear links very similar to these. I have no complaints.
NEXUS SUSPENSION Rear Sway Bar Links for 2-3 Inch Lift Jeep Wrangler TJ 97-06 https://a.co/d/bsHFF2R

To add to this, I'm on 3" lift springs in the rear and these links seem a tad bit long for my setup. I think they'd work nicely on 4" springs though.

Got a few things in mail over the last week while I was gone. Currie track bars, angle finder for pinion, new bolts to put mirrors back on.

I checked packaging tonight and need the hardware for both trac bars & the relocation bracket….so I’ll be ordering that in morning.

Might as well go ahead and order:

Bump stops for front/rear
4” springs
Rear extended links
Shocks
Extended brake lines

At this point my entire garage is parts

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SvtLdr
Or be like me and have parts scattered throughout the house. The mounted 40's are currently in the kids play room.

I can only imagine what kind of activities are taking place with those things laying around. King of the Mountain, anyone?

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
You're gonna need to start installing this stuff pretty soon... or build a bigger garage?

Yeah, control arms are next to be installed while I wait on trac bar hardware. The arms will need to be adjusted some once I go from 2.5ish" to 4" but I just want them out of my garage.

After that, trac bars, body lift / transfer cable (if they ever show up), motor mount lift, extended brake lines, shocks, springs, bump stops, and sway bars.

so yeah, just redo everything

Anyone have recommendations on best shocks to pick up? Ive heard good things about the Rancho 5000x series.

Summary of build (once all installed) for suspension stuff

LJ with 4" currie springs, 1.25" Savvy BL. Savvy Control Arms, Currie trac bars, Swaylock up front, extended links in rear.

I decided against outboarding so keep that in mind. Looking for recommendation on stock placement shocks

Anyone have recommendations on best shocks to pick up? Ive heard good things about the Rancho 5000x series.

Summary of build (once all installed) for suspension stuff

LJ with 4" currie springs, 1.25" Savvy BL. Savvy Control Arms, Currie trac bars, Swaylock up front, extended links in rear.

I decided against outboarding so keep that in mind. Looking for recommendation on stock placement shocks

I can't speak personally on the Rancho shocks but I'm sure someone will chime in. The good news is at 4" lift springs you'll have plenty of options.

I can't speak personally on the Rancho shocks but I'm sure someone will chime in. The good news is at 4" lift springs you'll have plenty of options.

FWIW, I really like the Fox 2.0 IFP shocks but I know they aren't as popular as some others.

Reactions: kameronkales