Work from home LJ

image.jpg

Here’s why. They are definitely different sizes.

• Wow
Reactions: Jamison C
How do you like doing the quality control work for the manufacturer? Fun, isn't it. It just keeps getting worse. Twenty years ago, I'd say less than 10% of the stuff I bought had issues of any kind. Lately, it seems like 30-40% have major issues...

Reactions: kameronkales
I generally work on Jeep a few hours a day (before work, lunch break if I can) and spent the last two days saying no way I have to grind this, I’m definitely doing something wrong.

@rasband says grind it. And 5 min later the arm is installed lol

I generally work on Jeep a few hours a day (before work, lunch break if I can) and spent the last two days saying no way I have to grind this, I’m definitely doing something wrong.

@rasband says grind it. And 5 min later the arm is installed lol

Some things you just make work. Who knows, the box could have been dropped during shipping bending that up!

not thrilled with how the bushing looks after I took some of the edge off, but Im rebuilding a separate dana 30 to swap in and will most likely bend the link out a bit on the narrow one. This will work for now at least.

Reactions: MeanGreen86
This is what you’d recommend? https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9102K

I can do on new axle sometime soon then

I have two of just the barrel style, since I don't like the way the tombstone looks (actually, I have that two if you want to buy it from me). Though I have read that those might not have as much movement as the stock clevites due to the joint size. I haven't really looked though since I may never do mine since I plan to midarm eventually.

I have two of just the barrel style, since I don't like the way the tombstone looks (actually, I have that two if you want to buy it from me). Though I have read that those might not have as much movement as the stock clevites due to the joint size. I haven't really looked though since I may never do mine since I plan to midarm eventually.

What are the barrel style? I might be missing where that is on Currie website

Guessing you mean this?

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-301001-101

Found kit from savvy that looks similar to Currie one.

If I order from savvy now, I’ll be able to install by Christmas!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rasband
What are the barrel style? I might be missing where that is on Currie website

Guessing you mean this?

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/RJ-301001-101

Found kit from savvy that looks similar to Currie one.

If I order from savvy now, I’ll be able to install by Christmas!

That is what I mean, or in that previous picture the one that isn't in the tombstone (just a press fit into the axle housing).

Ordered 2 new sets of bushings. One for new axle and a backup in case the ones I just ground end up being bad.

Ordered ZJ steering. Thought about going Currie but there’s not a ton of rocks around my area.

If I end up bending it, so be it.

I was going to wait on steering but took off tie rod yesterday while reaming hole out for front trac bar, so figured I’d go ahead and do it.

Hoping to gets springs/shocks in today

Reactions: PRNDL
Got lower arms back in.

Any tips on rotating pinion enough to slide driver side arm in? I thought I could Jack at the front of the coil spring bucket but that didn’t get it quite lined up.

I know I can do with help of a friend but was trying to avoid if possible.

Got lower arms back in.

Any tips on rotating pinion enough to slide driver side arm in? I thought I could Jack at the front of the coil spring bucket but that didn’t get it quite lined up.

Are you doing it with the weight of the jeep on the ground?

Reactions: en480c4
Got lower arms back in.

If you're doing double adjustables, just adjust the arm until you can get the bolt in and then square up the axle and adjust the pinion.