Would you sell your hard top?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
I have a 2006 with Factory Dual tops, thing is I am happy with my rag top on but can get up to 1/3 of the sale price of my TJ just for the hard top? winter demand is so strong for them here in OZ people are offering up to $3000 au!

i’ll be the odd ball of the bunch. wouldn’t buy one without a hardtop as i park the jeep outside in the elements. i do run the summer months with just a full bikini top no doors and a cab cover.

Reactions: Morks
i’ll be the odd ball of the bunch. wouldn’t buy one without a hardtop as i park the jeep outside in the elements. i do run the summer months with just a full bikini top no doors and a cab cover.
As much as I'd love to run soft top all year, I definitely need the hardtop and like the look too. Definitely don't like leaving $$$ hunting and fishing gear in there especially come fall/winter time not even just in my town. But when I am hiking away from the vehicle and have my toys in there.

Reactions: txbemis69
I'll add this....
My LJ is not my daily driver. Living in Ohio, I would probably look at it differently. My 08 JKU had both tops and I did switch them out for winter. It was my only vehicle at that time.

A quality soft top like the Sailcloth top from Bestop holds up just fine to "the elements".

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
I really like the lj top for the winter. Big windows for the kids to see out of and the rear glass is easier than unzipping the soft top. With that said there is a noticeable weight difference and I didn't swap the hard top this winter.

The hardtop has been sitting in the corner for a few years. I've been thinking about getting rid of it.

Reactions: lBasket
A quality soft top like the Sailcloth top from Bestop holds up just fine to "the elements".
i’ll keep the hardtop as i’ve seen what the texas sun can and will do to a soft top. i wouldn’t even consider a convertible car or soft top jeep without a garage for it. to each his own.
What elements require a hard top? My soft top held up fine to 37" of snow.
have seen a few roached out convertible tops from long term sun exposure here in texas. nothing against them personally, just wouldn’t have one unless i had a garage.

As much as I'd love to run soft top all year, I definitely need the hardtop and like the look too. Definitely don't like leaving $$$ hunting and fishing gear in there especially come fall/winter time not even just in my town. But when I am hiking away from the vehicle and have my toys in there.
It takes 30 seconds to pop the rear glass on a hard top to steal crap. 🤫

i’ll keep the hardtop as i’ve seen what the texas sun can and will do to a soft top. i wouldn’t even consider a convertible car or soft top jeep without a garage for it. to each his own.

have seen a few roached out convertible tops from long term sun exposure here in texas. nothing against them personally, just wouldn’t have one unless i had a garage.
They make UV protectant for them. My Jeep was born and raised in San Antonio.
Red McCombs (2).jpg

Reactions: txbemis69
Selling the hard top is the only reason to buy a Jeep with one.

Agree with this. If I was buying a Jeep with a hard top, I would be thinking about how much I could sell it for.

I used to have a '12 JKU and took off the hard top when I traded some parts for a soft top. After taking it wheeling and feeling how much nicer it handled, I sold the hard top. It was a night and day difference, like losing a boat anchor.

Though I live in California, so it never really gets that cold here.

Reactions: Fishtaco