You guys talked me into Milwaukee, so here we go

My favorite and most used so far has been the M18 driver. I bought a combo set mainly for the 1/2" drill but find myself grabbing the driver before anything anything else.

For me it's my M12 3/8" stubby. I went Milwaukee for the ratchet initially but it seems I'm always grabbing that stubby for things.

I am a BIG milwaukee fan. Had their corded stuff, then bought the M18 (back before brushless was a thing) drill and driver combo. Those two tools are still rockin, buy the way, but the drill is probably ready for pasture. Now I have a lot of M18 stuff and my pile of M12 is starting to grow. Just picked up the rivet tool and the 6" "hatchet" (chainsaw) yesterday. The chainsaw was a V-day present for my wife!

My most used tool is my 1/2" mid-torque impact. I LOVE that thing, and its only a matter of time before I buy a 3/8" stubby. I really don't see the point of the M12 ratchets, with the two compact impacts...The "finger tight" feature is awesome. Run the bolt down and come back through with "regular" ratchet to tighten it up with my calibrated elbow!

Been avoiding the packout stuff so far, as well as their hand tools for some reason. I've heard RAVE reviews...but at this point I don't have anything I need to replace. Been eying up a set of screwdrivers though, as my good ones (Wiha) are ready to be relegated to chisel and prybar duty (which is probably why they are no good now in the first place).

Been avoiding the packout stuff so far, as well as their hand tools for some reason. I've heard RAVE reviews...b

I've been eyeballing their 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive SAE/Metric socket set. Good to hear the hand stuff is just as popular. Its 150+ sockets for $400. I am starting to resent my years old, 12-point Crescent set.

I've been eyeballing their 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive SAE/Metric socket set. Good to hear the hand stuff is just as popular. Its 150+ sockets for $400. I am starting to resent my years old, 12-point Crescent set.

I'm very happy with this set, the portability and organization are great and it does most everything I need on a jeep.

1708012819092.png

I have this one coming tomorrow for the impact needs.

1708012886439.png

Reactions: Squatch and PNW_LJ
I'm very happy with this set, the portability and organization are great and it does most everything I need on a jeep.

View attachment 500886

I have this one coming tomorrow for the impact needs.

View attachment 500887

I ended up doing the non Packout sets. I really like the flats on the sockets but I have friends the do not care for them.

I think hand stuff is ALWAYS popular...

Innuendo aside these most certainly need to be in one’s tool collection. Once you start using dead blow ball pein you will wonder why you used anything else

IMG_3513.jpeg

I ended up doing the non Packout sets. I really like the flats on the sockets but I have friends the do not care for them.

I wouldn't buy packouts if I didn't find great sales on them.

But, the packout stuff works really well and as I said in the other thread. I'll grab my packout and take it under the jeep and I have everything I need to not have to get up and go grab another tool. Also works well for driveway projects.

Reactions: Blackjack

Innuendo aside these most certainly need to be in one’s tool collection. Once you start using dead blow ball pein you will wonder why you used anything else

View attachment 500906

Yeah, I bought my first deadblow ballpeen the other day. Its very nice. I bought a single 32 oz one from Hazzard Fraught (Icon) and immediately decided I needed more of them.

Reactions: Blackjack
Been avoiding the packout stuff so far, as well as their hand tools for some reason. I've heard RAVE reviews...but at this point I don't have anything I need to replace. ...

PackOut is excellent when you need to move tools from place to place, from vehicle to on foot. And the aftermarket support is very good. In a shop setting, there are better and less spendy ways to store and organize.
20220627_064921.jpg

PackOut is excellent when you need to move tools from place to place, from vehicle to on foot. And the aftermarket support is very good. In a shop setting, there are better and less spendy ways to store and organize.
View attachment 501000

Shoosh, you worry about saving your money. We worry about spending other peoples money in this thread, capisce?