You guys talked me into Milwaukee, so here we go

May as well draw a hard line and never put larger than a 31" tire on any Jeep you build. It is about the same difference in performance when you need something to work better. If I had to give up all of my M12 Fuel stuff, I'd snivel a bunch about a couple of items, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. You simply can not beat their Fuel grinders, Sawzall, larger impacts, and drills. Once you use the Fuel drill in M18, the little M12 will rarely get used again. You can push harder, spin a bit faster, and drill much larger holes when you need to. If I saw any of my helpers ever chuck up a 2" hole saw in the M12 for anything but plastic, I'd likely slam it on the ground to render it useless so they would never do that shit again.

M18 is the way for weed trimmers and leaf blowers too.

May as well draw a hard line and never put larger than a 31" tire on any Jeep you build. It is about the same difference in performance when you need something to work better. If I had to give up all of my M12 Fuel stuff, I'd snivel a bunch about a couple of items, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. You simply can not beat their Fuel grinders, Sawzall, larger impacts, and drills. Once you use the Fuel drill in M18, the little M12 will rarely get used again. You can push harder, spin a bit faster, and drill much larger holes when you need to. If I saw any of my helpers ever chuck up a 2" hole saw in the M12 for anything but plastic, I'd likely slam it on the ground to render it useless so they would never do that shit again.

I have bigger battery powered tools. They just aren't Milwaukee. For the small amount of grinding and cutting I do, those tools work perfectly fine. The M12 simply provides a level of variety, performance, and quality that nobody else comes close to in the smaller tools.

This showed up today:
View attachment 500773
I’ve had mostly Dewalt electric tools for years. They work OK but I’ve upped my game in the garage somewhat and want nicer tools. Because of batteries, sticking with a brand is efficient so this is a leap of faith. I started with a 2 tools I don’t have; a 3/4” impact which I needed to borrow for the pinion nut on a recent 1 ton diff rebuild and 7 1/4” battery powered saw which I’ve wanted forever because my wood cutting is often too far from a power outlet like fencing projects. Also, I keep cutting the cord🙄. Finally, I burned up my corded grinder recently so I’m going with the red tool for the new one. I got all of this through The Red Tool store. All on sale but spendy, nonetheless. Hope I like it.

Thats a good starter pack. It's like building a jeep it never ends, you will be done when you get to this point :ROFLMAO:

E308AF5C-952B-4225-A023-DC958DD7B30E.jpeg

1221DC3C-1661-4DDC-9E6D-5ED1F37F7DB3.jpeg

None yet

Just a gooseneck for a couple jeeps with some cargo boxes for parts and tools is the plan. I don’t want to buy it until I need it though, I’ll have to pay to store it somewhere.
Got it. Luckily, jeep no. 1 is pretty cool…
… or maybe thats the problem: you need more motivation 😀

Reactions: Apparition
I bought the Fuel circular saw and sawzall for my (my wife's :rolleyes:) kitchen remodel which involved adding an LVL in the attic and removing a wall.

Absolutely awesome tools, have zero regret buying them. I currently don't hold the same opinion of the wife as I am mid way through renovating a kitchen myself.... :LOL:

Anyone have feedback on the M18 or M12 inflator? I have batteries for both but need something for non jeep tcar tires (ie full fill after plugging a driveway flat), bikes, etc. I have a Viar88 for the jeep/trail. Bonus would also be using the M-inflator to top up the jeep 2-3psi on 33s.

Anyone have feedback on the M18 or M12 inflator? I have batteries for both but need something for non jeep tcar tires (ie full fill after plugging a driveway flat), bikes, etc. I have a Viar88 for the jeep/trail. Bonus would also be using the M-inflator to top up the jeep 2-3psi on 33s.

They are both good, the M18 is better.

I have the M18 and it’s the only “compressor” I have in my Jeep. I toss it in when I’m wheeling, put it back on the shelf when I’m not.

Iirc, it took me about 2.5 minutes to go from 10 psi to 25 on my 35’s with 17” wheels.

Reactions: red02tj and JMT
I have the M18 and it’s the only “compressor” I have in my Jeep. I toss it in when I’m wheeling, put it back on the shelf when I’m not.

Iirc, it took me about 2.5 minutes to go from 10 psi to 25 on my 35’s with 17” wheels.

Each x 4?
My warn Power Plant takes 1:45/tire - 35x12.5x15.
10-25psi

Lest we forget, for what that compressor costs, Mike could put an M18 on each tire at the same time and be money ahead. ;)

No shit. Was just clarifying the numbers. PP was on there when I bought the Jeep. They're unobtanium now and repair parts are hard to find.

They are both good, the M18 is better.

This is correct. I have the M18 version and a buddy has the M12. The M18 is significantly faster. I usually do his 4th tire once mine are done.

I am on 31" tires and can air up from 12/15 to 28psi about three times on a single 6Ah HO battery.