You're kidding me, right?

My Mother crack my butt whenever I deserved it. It made me a better person. Look I'm not saying to "Beat" your kids when they are bad. There is a difference between "beating" them and a swift smack on the butt. I personally think that's what's wrong with the kids growing up today is that the parents are like "oh we can't smack, spank, hit or whatever you want to call it, our kids. It will harm them for life and I'll go to jail." Then the kids grow up to be smart @55 adults or end up in jail because we never taught them right from wrong. A swift smack on the butt never hurt me and I still love my Mom and she is 80 now.

I saw an 11-13 year old boy yesterday who was being a brat at the movies, his dad gave him a few choice words and gave him a small whack on the arm (Like a hard flick that said "straighten up, he did not strike him). The boy then proceeded to cry hysterically and ball up under his jacket on the floor. His dad grabbed him by the arm and took him out of there. I wanted to applaud him. The kid was way to old to be acting like that.

My Mother kept a piece of wood with a chain hanging on her bulletin board in her kitchen. It was about 4 inches by 8 inches and it was a sample of stain/varnish finishes she got from a cabinet maker when my Father was remodeling their kitchen. I remember it was four different finishes she could choose from but unfortunately my butt had choice on which finished it got smacked with. :) I still love my Mom!!!!

My mom would use whatever was within reach! I know I deserved it. My wife and I disagree about spanking, evidently she wants me to discuss with them what they did wrong. My argument is "They Know!"... I Knew when I did something wrong!
My Opinion is the world would be a better place with the old school discipline like I received when I was a kid (and teen!) I am their PARENT first, Friend second, when they get older go to college etc, Then the roles can be reversed

Reactions: tworley
My mom would use whatever was within reach! I know I deserved it. My wife and I disagree about spanking, evidently she wants me to discuss with them what they did wrong. My argument is "They Know!"... I Knew when I did something wrong!
My Opinion is the world would be a better place with the old school discipline like I received when I was a kid (and teen!) I am their PARENT first, Friend second, when they get older go to college etc, Then the roles can be reversed

I agree. I remember once my Mom grabbing a Wiffle Baseball Bat and just catching the tale end of my butt as I ran away. I think that hurts worse then actually getting smacked with it right on. LMAO!!!!

I’ve had teachers administer the leather belt over my hands half dozen times growing up. My best memory has having the teacher swing a wooden yard stick at my head, thankfully my ear cushioned the blow enough that the yard stick broke in half.
Ahh, to be a kid again

I’ve had teachers administer the leather belt over my hands half dozen times growing up. My best memory has having the teacher swing a wooden yard stick at my head, thankfully my ear cushioned the blow enough that the yard stick broke in half.
Ahh, to be a kid again
Wow. Coming from a guy that had no issues spanking my kids and got spanked plenty as a kid, I would have to say if I heard one of my kids teachers did that to my kid (or even one of their classmates), the same would be done to them except the yard stick might be a baseball bat!!!

Now a small wood paddle on the ass or the yard stick accross the ass I could live with if the teacher had good reason...

I've got to admit, I have absolutely no issue with a child receiving a good swat across the ass. I figure that's why our rumps are so well padded...perfect for that sort of discipline. But some of these stories are cringe-worthy, and definitely outside the realm of what I can agree to as acceptable punishment. Of course, at this stage in our lives, none of the things described in this thread would work anymore. Seems like the only truly effective way to punish all you hooligans would be to take away your TJ for a month, and see how you like that. That'll learn ya, mister!

Reactions: alittleoff
I've got to admit, I have absolutely no issue with a child receiving a good swat across the ass. I figure that's why our rumps are so well padded...perfect for that sort of discipline. But some of these stories are cringe-worthy, and definitely outside the realm of what I can agree to as acceptable punishment. Of course, at this stage in our lives, none of the things described in this thread would work anymore. Seems like the only truly effective way to punish all you hooligans would be to take away your TJ for a month, and see how you like that. That'll learn ya, mister!
Ouch!! :oops: