Yukon YA WU-07 front hub kit (5x4.5") under $1,100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
There was one day a couple days ago when the kit dropped below $1,000.

There was one in the Warehouse deals open box buy that will get returned and sold again maybe. It has the wrong spindles in it and Yukon wants over 600 for the correct spindles and no warranty replacement or parts correction since it is an Amazon sale which has zero warranty.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: psrivats and JMT
There was one in the Warehouse deals open box buy that will get returned and sold again maybe. It has the wrong spindles in it and Yukon wants over 600 for the correct spindles and no warranty replacement or parts correction since it is an Amazon sale which has zero warranty.

Even if you go through warranty replacement .. they take forever. I got mine specifically through an authorized seller and my WU-08 kit had the wrong bearings (had 4 small bearings instead of the 2 large and 2 small that is normal). It took 3-4 weeks for them to just to send out the right ones. Luckily my local shop did an inventory before they started so I just came back later. After that we had to figure out the studs .. and you helped us with over the phone.

Even if you go through warranty replacement .. they take forever. I got mine specifically through an authorized seller and my WU-08 kit had the wrong bearings (had 4 small bearings instead of the 2 large and 2 small that is normal). It took 3-4 weeks for them to just to send out the right ones. Luckily my local shop did an inventory before they started so I just came back later. After that we had to figure out the studs .. and you helped us with over the phone.

Yukon as a company are the worst miserable asses at doing everything possible to deny warranty even when it is patently clear it is their mistake. We had issues with a set of hub locks. Pic below shows exactly what the problem is. Nope, sorry, you need to buy the part.
1658848922723.png

• Sad
Reactions: psrivats
Yukon as a company are the worst miserable asses at doing everything possible to deny warranty even when it is patently clear it is their mistake. We had issues with a set of hub locks. Pic below shows exactly what the problem is. Nope, sorry, you need to buy the part.
View attachment 345945

To treat customers like they do is bad enough but when they do it to the shops that sell and install their products that's even worse.

It's too bad Warn sold off that area of their business.

All this garbage about Yukon makes me want to just find an old bronco Dana 44 and build that up if I get vibs with the 432rle and 5.38 gears.

I really wish somebody like RG&A would step in with a hub set. Icing on the cake would be a 5x5 pattern. There's probably just not enough ROI to entice somebody to jump into it, since there doesn't seem to be enough for Yukon to care about it.

Because you do! ;)

20210421_194116-jpg-jpg.316313

I see your fan clutch in the background and thought of this passage I saw in the FSM the other day. Don't know if that's just an issue with used clutches or not, since they're stored and shipped horizontally.

1658850798874.png

Reactions: Irun
All this garbage about Yukon makes me want to just find an old bronco Dana 44 and build that up if I get vibs with the 432rle and 5.38 gears.
I've mentioned more than once that I wheel almost exclusively with 1st Generation Broncos. In more 10+ years of doing so, I've never seen a major failure on a dana 44 front. That's with heavy wheels, V8 power, stock 19 spline outer shafts, and, in several cases, 37" tires. I've seen a couple hubs blow and a few busted u-joints, but that's it. I'm not saying they are perfect, but they hold up surprisingly well.

To treat customers like they do is bad enough but when they do it to the shops that sell and install their products that's even worse.

It's too bad Warn sold off that area of their business.

We don't buy from Yukon. We get hub kit conversions in from customers that need them adapted to our brake kits. These are issues from that part. We do installs but I try not to buy anything unless it comes from my Yukon authorized seller simply due to all of these issues. That hub kit problem was from a kit they supplied and they still didn't want to take care of it.

Reactions: NskLJ
Status
Not open for further replies.