ZJ Tie Rod Conversion

Ok so I ordered the Crown HD steering kit, now called the RT21005 kit when it comes with the steering stabilizer, RT21004 without.
I was initially thinking it would be everything but now I’m unsure if it has the track bar or not. And if not, I need to order one asap. Heres a link
FYI the only place that had them in stock was CARid.com

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2002-...ilizer-RT21005/_/R-GGMQ-RT21005?ppcfon=1&gp=1

Ok so I ordered the Crown HD steering kit, now called the RT21005 kit when it comes with the steering stabilizer, RT21004 without.
I was initially thinking it would be everything but now I’m unsure if it has the track bar or not. And if not, I need to order one asap. Heres a link
FYI the only place that had them in stock was CARid.com

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2002-...ilizer-RT21005/_/R-GGMQ-RT21005?ppcfon=1&gp=1
It definitely doesn’t come with a front track bar. Just what’s pictured in the link. The picture below shows the track bar, which is not included in that kit.

1641384126508.jpeg

Core 4x4 great product priced right

Jks Top recommended product not sure why it cost so much

Moog great stock replacement

👊🏼

The drag link will need the RHD specific bend for sure, not sure about the tie rod. It may have a directional bend, I can’t recall at the moment.

The drag link will need the RHD specific bend for sure, not sure about the tie rod. It may have a directional bend, I can’t recall at the moment.
The Rock Jock tie rod is quite straight.
20220122_141327.jpg

(Close enough! 😉)

Will the ZJ tie rod fit for a stock TJ? I haven’t seen anyone mention if it does or doesn’t fit. I just want to make sure since currie’s steering does have lift requirements. I do enough minor wheeling that a beefier tie rod will give peace of mind and I need am going to need to replace the ends fairly soon.

Will the ZJ tie rod fit for a stock TJ? I haven’t seen anyone mention if it does or doesn’t fit. I just want to make sure since currie’s steering does have lift requirements. I do enough minor wheeling that a beefier tie rod will give peace of mind and I need am going to need to replace the ends fairly soon.
Yep, I have one on my ‘03 TJR with an otherwise stock suspension.

Worked for me. No lift.

Did this on my TJ as one of the first mods and it worked perfectly. Only thing I did different was add the "cure" nylon biscuit for the drag link.

So far no issues.

E

Isn't the whole point of these 26 pages to talk about how this does work, and how many people have done it successfully? I don't mean to be curt about It and I thought about just letting it go, but I would hate for the next wave of people to find this thread and see you question and suddenly wonder if it maybe isn't a mod they can/should do.

To be clear, it's a direct bolt in, no modifications are required or presumed to already exist.

No one knows.

I just ordered the ZJ tie rods to beef up my steering ,and hopefully get rid of the shaking at 55 mph and above. Since replacing the lower steering shaft, power steering pump, steering gearbox, and control arms, everything has definitely tightened up but still need to change my press fit front axle bushings on my Dana 30 and get the tire balance checked. Last summer I drove it to the beach and it rode pretty good on the highway but sometime in the fall when I put the top back on the wobble/ shaking came back. I found all the parts for the ZJ upgrade for $58 with a couple parts that were labeled “used “ because they weren’t in their original packaging. I didn’t get the drag link yet but if the balancing and tie rods don’t have the effect I’m looking for I’ll swap it out too.

I ordered just the short tie rod end and the long end with a connecting sleeve. Well Amazon sends me a long tie rod and a drag link and connecting sleeve. Mind you a short tie rod and a drag link are probably $100 in difference, so score one for me lol now I’m waiting to see if the second short end will be correct or if they have it wrong in their system. All Moog parts too.

I ordered just the short tie rod end and the long end with a connecting sleeve. Well Amazon sends me a long tie rod and a drag link and connecting sleeve. Mind you a short tie rod and a drag link are probably $100 in difference, so score one for me lol now I’m waiting to see if the second short end will be correct or if they have it wrong in their system. All Moog parts too.
That’s the benefit of the local parts store. 🇺🇸