Through Covid, craziness and hurricanes your pcm will ship today. 💪🏻🤪✅

E073B3B5-F309-4A18-86B8-95D36714FE2C.jpeg

I'm owner of a 2006 LJR w/ automatic. Seems like everyone says their lights, codes, and running problems went away withthe new PCM, until the Aug 9, 2020 post by @USMC0369 where a code is mentioned post WranglerFix PCM install. Until that, I was actually wondering if this PCM just doesn't throw codes! Has anyone tested the PCM by driving without a gas cap, pulling an emissions line, disconnecting a sensor, or anything? Just wondering.

I'm owner of a 2006 LJR w/ automatic. Seems like everyone says their lights, codes, and running problems went away withthe new PCM, until the Aug 9, 2020 post by @USMC0369 where a code is mentioned post WranglerFix PCM install. Until that, I was actually wondering if this PCM just doesn't throw codes! Has anyone tested the PCM by driving without a gas cap, pulling an emissions line, disconnecting a sensor, or anything? Just wondering.
I am not sure I understand your comments or questions...Our pcm will throw codes if they are present...to infer that I turn codes off is preposterous and an insult to my technician’s hard work. I hope this clears up any of your curiosities, sir.

It was just that, curiosity. No insult intended. I'm just an advocate for testing, systematic analysis, and so forth, and I just felt the odds would be that at least one customer would have either:
A) multiple problems, the PCM and something else, and the other codes would still be present.
B) mis-diagnosed their own problem and bought a PCM when not needed, and the codes would still be present.

The guy that posted about the returning code on Aug 9 must be the one buyer that falls into one of these, or another, category. A lot can go wrong with a vehicle and it just seemed strange reading 18 months of posts where everything (until Aug 9) went 100% right 100% of the time. It would have been a major statistical anomaly.

I'm glad @Wranglerfix has a good product for us, we need it, I'll probably need it, but I just like to question things that appear too good to be true. That shouldn't insult anyone.

Reactions: skrelnik
@rmasteller

Our product works for most people, but not all.

Over the course of being in business I have:

Programmed an automatic for a manual (that went over like a pregnant pole vaulter,) sent a tcm for a pcm, an ecm for tcm, thrown several duds, got shipping labels confused and packages lost (most of the above happening this year.)

Far from perfection in anyone’s eyes.

What you can expect and be rest assured of is:

I stand behind every single part that I sell as my word and integrity are of the upmost importance to me.

Vin number, address, credit card number and “click” are not the way I conduct my business. I ask questions instead of throwing parts.

Customer service- If you do not put the customer back in customer service, you are just another internet parts peddler. A simple call saying thank you for your business usually shocks people because no one does it anymore.

And since you mentioned appearances, a Greek philosopher named Epictetus once wrote...

“Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.”

Thanks,

Mark Cantrell

That's a nice quote! Sounds like the typical challenges a small business would face. I agree your focus on customer service will win the day. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
We do not use the oem part and have to modify other manual pcms to make them work. It is a supply issue only so many manual parts are made every year.

Reactions: mots
Well, I would love to get my hands on the manual transmission one so I could simplify an auto to manual swap, but $1100 is a little hard to justify. It's cool that you are making these for the 05-06 Jeep though.

Reactions: Wranglerfix