Start lowering the pinion angle 1* at a time, rinse, repeat.
When I remove the front driveshaft, vibes go away, which was what I did on the way home from Moab.

Are you thinking that my vibes could still be due to the rear driveshaft?

It's interesting how some jeeps vibe and other don't. Or, prehaps how some people are just more se sensitive to it than others. Small hub kit is likely the long term solution short of a HP front axle which would still be a gamble.

It's interesting how some jeeps vibe and other don't. Or, prehaps how some people are just more se sensitive to it than others. Small hub kit is likely the long term solution short of a HP front axle which would still be a gamble.
The only adjustment I haven’t done is have the front shaft balanced. Not sure it’s worth a shot. It vibes only under acceleration/load, which I think is common, and begins around 67 mph. In one way it’s not too bad. I don’t get over 45 unless I’m on HWY 90, and that’s only a couple of times a month. At the same time, I do get on HWY 90. If I drive 62 it’s fine. Going on a long trip sucks. Plan there is to just disconnect the front shaft.

Now that's odd. You'd think that would point to the rear but its absent with the front out..... have you pulled the rear just for testing purposes? Does it also happen in 4 high?

Reactions: Wildman
Now that's odd. You'd think that would point to the rear but its absent with the front out..... have you pulled the rear just for testing purposes? Does it also happen in 4 high?
No, I haven’t pulled the rear because with the front out they went away. 🤷‍♂️

Never got going that fast in 4H (except that one time…hold my beer and watch this!) 🤣

No, I haven’t pulled the rear because with the front out they went away. 🤷‍♂️

Never got going that fast in 4H (except that one time…hold my beer and watch this!) 🤣

You might want to just to see. It can't hurt anything and this way there isn't any doubt about where the vibration is coming from.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
You might want to just to see. It can't hurt anything and this way there isn't any doubt about where the vibration is coming from.
I’ll try, but let’s say I pull the rear shaft and try 4H and I don’t get vibes. What would that mean? The rear shaft is bad? If so, why don’t I get vibes with only the rear shaft? what am I going to buy to fix that? Sounds like a rabbit hole.

I’m trying to think back, and I believe I did get vibes with just the rear in on the way back from Moab when I get up to around 88 mph.

Reactions: Alex01
I’ll try, but let’s say I pull the rear shaft and try 4H and I don’t get vibes. What would that mean? The rear shaft is bad? If so, why don’t I get vibes with only the rear shaft? what am I going to buy to fix that? Sounds like a rabbit hole.
Small hub kit...

BTW, pulling the front driveshaft for highway trips sounds like a pain in the ass. Especially if you do it a couple times a month. I think I'd be more inclined to leave it out unless you're going to need it..

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Small hub kit...

BTW, pulling the front driveshaft for highway trips sounds like a pain in the ass. Especially if you do it a couple times a month. I think I'd be more inclined to leave it out unless you're going to need it..
^^^^ This. I went through the process of pulling the front driveshaft, for a short period. It quickly became a royal PIA, because I didn't have a Savvy skid. Even with a Savvy skid, it's still work and time. This is why both of my Jeeps have a hub kit now. The LJ has a large hub kit, while the TJ got a small. It is an expense, but one that is worth it if you have vibrations, even after making multiple attempts to eliminate them.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
Small hub kit...

^^^^ This. I went through the process of pulling the front driveshaft, for a short period. It quickly became a royal PIA, because I didn't have a Savvy skid. Even with a Savvy skid, it's still work and time. This is why both of my Jeeps have a hub kit now. The LJ has a large hub kit, while the TJ got a small. It is an expense, but one that is worth it if you have vibrations, even after making multiple attempts to eliminate them.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I know the only answer is a hub kit. I’ve been watching the small hub kit on Amazon for a few months. I meant I don’t know what it’s going to help me diagnose if I remove the rear driveshaft and am vibe free. The solution is still the same, small hub kit. Price on Amazon has dropped from 1565 to 1450 to 1325 the last few weeks, and a guy selling one on here for 1175. I’m just gonna wait because my driving situation doesn’t merit getting one. @Mike_H , when I get on the highway a couple times a month, it’s to drive 30 miles, so I don’t need to pull the shaft for that, just drive 60 and enjoy the ride. The odds of me driving longer than that on the highway are maybe once a year?! It might be more if the governor will stop with the silly restrictions, but at least I can wait to find a really good deal on a hub kit ($900 range). Thanks

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I know the only answer is a hub kit. I’ve been watching the small hub kit on Amazon for a few months. I meant I don’t know what it’s going to help me diagnose if I remove the rear driveshaft and am vibe free. The solution is still the same, small hub kit. Price on Amazon has dropped from 1565 to 1450 to 1325 the last few weeks, and a guy selling one on here for 1175. I’m just gonna wait because my driving situation doesn’t merit getting one. @Mike_H , when I get on the highway a couple times a month, it’s to drive 30 miles, so I don’t need to pull the shaft for that, just drive 60 and enjoy the ride. The odds of me driving longer than that on the highway are maybe once a year?! It might be more if the governor will stop with the silly restrictions, but at least I can wait to find a really good deal on a hub kit ($900 range). Thanks
Yea the prices are stupid high now and it doesn't sound like your problem is bad. FWIW, back when I bought the small hub kit it was in that $900 range.

@rasband. I’ve driven the Jeep with 456’s and 35’s long enough now to know that I would prefer 488’s or 513’s. It’s not bad, it’s slight, but noticeable, not as much ‘go.’ Wheeling is good with the 4:1.
Given what I’ve driven on and off road, gearing makes more of a noticeable difference on road. It’s perceptible off road, but it’s less of an imperative (especially with the 241).

Reactions: JMT
@rasband. I’ve driven the Jeep with 456’s and 35’s long enough now to know that I would prefer 488’s or 513’s. It’s not bad, it’s slight, but noticeable, not as much ‘go.’ Wheeling is good with the 4:1.

I'd go 5.13 if I was doing it. Now to just find another Dana 44 so you can just swap your axles to the twins and then regear your Dana 30 and the new Dana 44.