@rasband. I’ve driven the Jeep with 456’s and 35’s long enough now to know that I would prefer 488’s or 513’s. It’s not bad, it’s slight, but noticeable, not as much ‘go.’ Wheeling is good with the 4:1.
I meant to share, if you don’t do anything before TJ fest you can drive mine to feel the 241 and 5.13s on and off road. The wheelbase will be an obvious difference, but that’s mostly in clearing (or not clearing) obstacles and turning.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I meant to share, if you don’t do anything before TJ fest you can drive mine to feel the 241 and 5.13s on and off road. The wheelbase will be an obvious difference, but that’s mostly in clearing (or not clearing) obstacles and turning.
My best thinking is I won’t do anything. I’ve got some other plans and need another TJ for the other Twin. All that to say, I’d love to drive yours with the 513’s and 6-speed!

Reactions: rasband and Wildman
He only needs a Dana 44. The Dana 30 from the twins Jeep would just be swapped over. This way he's only having to regear one set of axles.
But what gear ratio is his Dana 30/44? If it’s 488 or higher, G2G!!!

Reactions: Wildman
But what gear ratio is his Dana 30/44? If it’s 488 or higher, G2G!!!

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone selling a set geared in 5.13 unless they are moving from a 35" tire to 40's or something.
Not gunna say you won't find any but it'll be a wait.

It's part of why I'd bought my CRD60. The guy had built his Jeep and then didn't like it so he took it apart and was selling off all the parts. He had a low pinion Dana 44 for the front and the CRD60 in the rear. And it had 5.13 & ARB in it. Plus I got it for what I felt was a good deal.

Reactions: Irun and JMT
I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone selling a set geared in 5.13 unless they are moving from a 35" tire to 40's or something.

It's part of why I'd bought my CRD60. The guy had built his Jeep and then didn't like it so he took it apart and was selling off all the parts. He had a low pinion Dana 44 for the front and the CRD60 in the rear. And it had 5.13 & ARB in it. Plus I got it for what I felt was a good deal.
The 30/44 combo I sold last time had 5.13’s.

Just to confirm your expectation: I will likely be eventually, but that won’t be until my current tires are toast. Then it’s 37” on 17” on 60s (or whatever makes sense at the time). They will be D44s with 5.13, raised sway links, the C for a tie rod flip, and rubicon lockers (unless they die by then).

Just to confirm your expectation: I will likely be eventually, but that won’t be until my current tires are toast. Then it’s 37” on 17” on 60s (or whatever makes sense at the time). They will be D44s with 5.13, raised sway links, the C for a tie rod flip, and rubicon lockers (unless they die by then).
You have good cause in your environment

Just to throw it out there the deeper you gear the worse your vibes will get and the earlier they will come on. Just something to think about
That’s a good point. I’d need a small hub kit for sure, pre-re-gear.

I think I’ll hold off and focus on getting my AC fixed. 🤣

Reactions: rasband and Wildman

I agree, hard to find. My best expectations are buying a whole Jeep geared to 488 or better, then swapping mine to the Twins and the new one to mine and mine to the new one. Get all that? 🤣

I got the Currie steering delivered from @sjalkian. This thing is beefy. TR end is bad on one end. The other boots look like they’re on their last leg. Is it common for the boots to split early? What’s the scoop on the steel vs aluminum TR?

Reactions: Sj's TJ
I got the Currie steering delivered from @sjalkian. This thing is beefy. TR end is bad on one end. The other boots look like they’re on their last leg. Is it common for the boots to split early? What’s the scoop on the steel vs aluminum TR?
The boots all have an opening in them, like a little nipple, to burp out extra grease.