Drove through the UP and down to Oscoda over Labor Day, still working on all the fudge I bought. Was thinking about how close I was to Drummond, someday I’d like to go back. Have fun.
Why Oscoda? I mean, it's pretty there, but isn't too much around. Mackinaw Island fudge is the best. Get any Pasties on your way through? I think I like those more than fudge...

Why Oscoda? I mean, it's pretty there, but isn't too much around. Mackinaw Island fudge is the best. Get any Pasties on your way through? I think I like those more than fudge...
Visiting a relative. Had a cooler for pasties but Mrs App decided she’d rather make her own.

Pasties are quite a bit different than pastries. I prefer pasties. I’ll spare you the GIF’s.
For reference - Michigan Pastie

1358448786881.jpg

For what it’s worth Jeremy I didn’t mind 4.56 at all with the 5 speed and 35s on the street. I just suffered on the trail. But that’s probably not the case for you with the 4:1
Thanks for that. Time will tell, if trails would open here I could try one. 🙄 So far driving around town accelerating seems normal. Yesterday I even had power in fourth at 2200rpm to make it up a hill. If I change it will be awhile before I do and it would be to 513.

Reactions: DuncLJ and Wildman
I've always considered them similar to a pot pie.

go to the website on this paper and place an order, you’ll be very happy. I prefer peanut butter fudge myself

View attachment 276650
In TX I lived in a quaint German tourist town (Fredericksburg). Everyone from Austin and Houston would come from Spring through Fall. They had tons of specialty shops on Main Street (Haupstrasse), everything from a Christmas store to breweries to toy stores. One was Rustlin’ Robs. They had everything you can imagine canned, and FUDGE. They gave out free samples. My fav was always the peanut butter!

Reactions: TJ Starting
For what it’s worth Jeremy I didn’t mind 4.56 at all with the 5 speed and 35s on the street. I just suffered on the trail. But that’s probably not the case for you with the 4:1
4.46x4x4.56=81:1
4.46x4x5.13=91:1

That 4.46 first gear is amazing. 4.56 seems perfectly livable offroad with a 4:1. On road hills will be the real test

I'm at 97:1 and honestly the only reason I would regear is because I'd love to say I'm 100+:1

In TX I lived in a quaint German tourist town (Fredericksburg). Everyone from Austin and Houston would come from Spring through Fall. They had tons of specialty shops on Main Street (Haupstrasse), everything from a Christmas store to breweries to toy stores. One was Rustlin’ Robs. They had everything you can imagine canned, and FUDGE. They gave out free samples. My fav was always the peanut butter!
Then order from Joanne's it's the creamiest fudge I've ever had. Cheap shipping too. Mackinaw is the fudge capital of the world, free samples if you go there.

Took some time to catch up on your build. 35's look good on ya. Welcome to the real TJ club. JK. Your rig looks badass.
Thanks Jason. Looks can be deceiving! She’s just on 35’s. She probably needs some supporting mods. Rear axle shafts for sure.

My front DS was 12.2 and Pinion 9.5, so I only had about 2.5 caster. Steering had dead zones and centering was not so good. I changed my pinion to 6.7 and DS is 12.6, so caster is about 5 now. Steering is firmer, dead zone at speed is gone, return to center much better. No change on vibes. They come on around 67-70. Overall steering is better though. Nice to regain some caster!