Sold the Cooper Discoverer AT3 32x11.5's for $500 today, so the total cost to move into the 35's and the boys into 33's was $339 + mount and balance, about $460

That isn't to bad a cost for moving up to 35" tires.

That isn't to bad a cost for moving up to 35" tires.
We're in good shape, and I moved 4 tires out of my backyard and $500 into my Jeep fund. 😉

Yours is amazing right now by the way. Your progress is impeccable.

Reactions: Wildman
We're in good shape, and I moved 4 tires out of my backyard and $500 into my Jeep fund. 😉

Yours is amazing right now by the way. Your progress is impeccable.

Thanks. Did you see that post about the Nth Degree parts?

Thanks. Did you see that post about the Nth Degree parts?
I do remember seeing something like that, but I've been super busy lately. LOL
65ED0635-579E-46E5-B9FA-E3616C26A96E.jpeg

Are you still thinking I should get set up for Nth degree for the Twins, or UCF?

Reactions: Alex01
Well there was a transmission mount in the parts. If it was the correct part it could make it easier.
I was just thinking they were going UCF, so I got confused. Let me know the plan and I’ll figure it out!

I don't know if it was the correct transmission mount other than it looked like the one I had. If you look at this thread in the first picture it's the 2nd item on the left with the oval cutout in it. Gray in color. That is the transmission mount.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-are-these-nth-degree-parts.55360/
I looked into this, and this is the Auto Bracket. The other one pictured in the thread is the manual bracket. We'd need this one for the 42rle. ☹️
Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.39.52 PM.png

I looked into this, and this is the Auto Bracket. The other one pictured in the thread is the manual bracket. We'd need this one for the 42rle. ☹️View attachment 279430

Interesting since I used the other one on my auto.

Well them I think we'd just be better off to:
1) Build our own bracket or get the Lo-Pro UCF bracket and make it fit.
2) Get a crossmember kit and install it and then don't have to worry about the bracket at all.

I've got enough DOM tubing if you got the kit like this from Barnes 4WD we'd know it out pretty quick. Get two kits and do you Jeep also.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Crossmember-Mounting-Set_p_112.html

Reactions: JMT
Interesting since I used the other one on my auto.

Well them I think we'd just be better off to:
1) Build our own bracket or get the Lo-Pro UCF bracket and make it fit.
2) Get a crossmember kit and install it and then don't have to worry about the bracket at all.

I've got enough DOM tubing if you got the kit like this from Barnes 4WD we'd know it out pretty quick. Get two kits and do you Jeep also.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Crossmember-Mounting-Set_p_112.html
Bam, got it.

That's an impressive kit. I have the Savvy, so maybe just leave it be for this. I'd love to though. It's going to be a work of art!

Bam, got it.

That's an impressive kit. I have the Savvy, so maybe just leave it be for this. I'd love to though. It's going to be a work of art!

I forgot you have the Savvy on your TJ. But for the twins and not having to worry about mounting the trans to the skid would be nice. I've got the brackets that GR sends in their kits for a transmission mount so we're good there & I've got DOM I'd bout to make my steering with. Plus I've got my old steering we could use. Either way we could make a crossmember. Just need the tabs & poly bushings.

Reactions: Alex01 and JMT
I forgot you have the Savvy on your TJ. But for the twins and not having to worry about mounting the trans to the skid would be nice. I've got the brackets that GR sends in their kits for a transmission mount so we're good there & I've got DOM I'd bout to make my steering with. Plus I've got my old steering we could use. Either way we could make a crossmember. Just need the tabs & poly bushings.
Man I wish I had your skills. I noticed on the Barnes site they also offered a universal transmission Mount that welds on to the crossmember. Not sure it would be useful.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Universal-Transmission-Mounting-Bracket_p_504.html

Bam, got it.

Time to raise the body mounts? It’s a pretty inexpensive upgrade if you have access to a welder (sounds like wild man has you covered). That project requires a fairly easy modification to the savvy crossmember support to make it support the transmission without the skid (or Cs!).

Time to raise the body mounts? It’s a pretty inexpensive upgrade if you have access to a welder (sounds like wild man has you covered). That project requires a fairly easy modification to the savvy crossmember support to make it support the transmission without the skid (or Cs!).
Him & his boys will just be hanging around for a few days. Depends on the list of mods too. If there is new gears involved then it grows into a week as the list grows. But I'm game as soon as mine is able to exit the garage.

1) Twins crossmember & Nth Degree skid
2) JMT's rear upper rear spring relocation
3) Raised body mounts for? Both rigs?
4) Regear & lockers?
5) BCD?
6) ???

Reactions: Alex01 and rasband
Him & his boys will just be hanging around for a few days. Depends on the list of mods too. If there is new gears involved then it grows into a week as the list grows. But I'm game as soon as mine is able to exit the garage.

1) Twins crossmember & Nth Degree skid
2) JMT's rear upper rear spring relocation
3) Raised body mounts for? Both rigs?
4) Regear & lockers?
5) BCD?
6) ???
The big ones are the re-gear and TT. All of it sounds good though! The boys might take welding next year. If so, I’m definitely getting a welder.

I looked into this, and this is the Auto Bracket. The other one pictured in the thread is the manual bracket. We'd need this one for the 42rle. ☹️View attachment 279430
my 04 auto has the 1 from Wildmans pics.

i tried a plate mount with bushings on the ends and it transferred a lot of vibration (my trail mirrors shook like crazy at a standstill).

then i got to readin some and found info about how we use a 3point sys and how changin it to a 4 point increases torque on our drive shafts and shock load on diff gears and blah blah blah....i changed it.

i took the OE mount and chopped 5/8" of the depth of it and kept the OE rubber in the middle (might still have it somewhere). then reworked my tubes to work with that, it all fit under a 2.5" drop skid.

and this brings us back to Wildmans issue with engine torque and that shock tower clearance...........i think his sys is gonna be rigid and it's not gonna twist that much because of those cross members locking that drive line. plates on the driveline force it to move a T lever support sys thats rigid in comparison to a center mount that it can rock on.

Maybe that’s why your vibrations were so bad. 😂
the plate and T bar support transfers the vibration to the chassis mounted bushings if they are not soft enough (i used rubber spring shackle bushings) to eat it, your gonna feel it.
the OE rubber is soft and absorbs more vibrations at that point b4 it gets to the chassis. and it was smooth with OE rubber back in the middle and the rubber bushings on the end configuration.

now IDK what the drop on your chosen skid is but if there is any way you could work keepin the rubber in the center it'd be better IMO.

Reactions: JDM