the plate and T bar support transfers the vibration to the chassis mounted bushings if they are not soft enough (i used rubber spring shackle bushings) to eat it, your gonna feel it.
the OE rubber is soft and absorbs more vibrations at that point b4 it gets to the chassis. and it was smooth with OE rubber back in the middle and the rubber bushings on the end configuration.

now IDK what the drop on your chosen skid is but if there is any way you could work keepin the rubber in the center it'd be better IMO.
Vibrations due to lack of sufficient rubber has always been the problem. The UCF Low-Pro Mount suffers the same problems. Some complain about the Savvy, but others like me are so far from stock feel we may not know any better.

Im not sure all that work for 2.5” drop is worth it. Just to be clear, if you build your own crossmember, all the vibration dampening you have is the two rubber or poly bushings near the frame rail?

if you have a choice of durometer of the compound softer would also be beneficial. you take my OE rubber and shake it and it'll wobble it's not hard rubber it's softer durometer than a clevite.

Reactions: JMT
ya, so bigger is better for diameter of rubber and don't use poly it'd be harsher for sure.
When I look at the transmission mounts that weld to the DOM, i get a scared feeling. There’s no rubber there. I’ve always wanted to add something there, but the problem is how far can I push the tranny up into the tunnel without contacting the tub. I think I still have room above my NSG370, but the 42rle is a different beast.

Reactions: JDM
When I look at the transmission mounts that weld to the DOM, i get a scared feeling. There’s no rubber there. I’ve always wanted to add something there, but the problem is how far can I push the tranny up into the tunnel without contacting the tub. I think I still have room above my NSG370, but the 42rle is a different beast.
i heard rumor you had to donk the tub to cram the RLE on a Savvy skid because i only had a 1" BL . but i didnt and still have a bit of room i think.

Last edited:
Well my hope would be to maybe somehow keep the stock tranny mount or find a rubber mount that could be used. The mount I had used rubber mounts to mounted it to the tummy tuck.

tummy_tucker_isolator.webp

I had these on my tranny mount.

Well my hope would be to maybe somehow keep the stock tranny mount or find a rubber mount that could be used. The mount I had used rubber mounts to mounted it to the tummy tuck.

tummy_tucker_isolator.webp

I had these on my tranny mount.
the V8 changes things i think, you need a bit more rigidity to control the torque your gonna be able to transmit, thats a sys that needs a limit to the amount it can rock. but rubber isolation is all good wherever you can get it

mock the depth of your chosen skid off and across the frame with a few strings hang an OE rubber mount see what you got or see whats there to play with. you can get all kinda of rubber sheets in all kinds of durometers and thicknesses if you cant clear your strings.

i googled Nth degree skids and this came up from 2018.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nth-degree-skid-system.8679/

mock the depth of your chosen skid off and across the frame with a few strings hang an OE rubber mount see what you got or see whats there to play with. you can get all kinda of rubber sheets in all kinds of durometers and thicknesses if you cant clear your strings.

i googled Nth degree skids and this came up from 2018.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nth-degree-skid-system.8679/

The skid in that thread is a lot more drop than the tummy tuck I have.

I like the idea of the string. I'm of the mind that we could figure something out either by modifying the stock mount and making it work or some other way. But I also like the crossmember idea more since then you can drop the skid and run around. Makes doing maintenance a TON easier.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Jeremy,
Something like this for a crossmember and tranny mount. You can get rubber or poly bushings for the ends.

97941807-1461-4fb3-8aae-6506e2722596-jpeg.jpg

Here is a different setup but you get the idea. The only difference would be that unless we get a kit the DOM is straight since I don't have a bender.

20200505_164242-jpg.jpg

Here is GenRights kit.

https://genright.com/products/universal-transmission-crossmember-kit.html

EDIT: I borrowed some pictures from other members to show you since mine aren't as good.

Last edited:
The skid in that thread is a lot more drop than the tummy tuck I have.

I like the idea of the string. I'm of the mind that we could figure something out either by modifying the stock mount and making it work or some other way. But I also like the crossmember idea more since then you can drop the skid and run around. Makes doing maintenance a TON easier.
this is the only pic i have of what i did vs a stock bracket. to make room to keep the rubber mount,
basically just 2 plates (1/4 and 3/8) and 2 gussets with a few holes. probably strong enough i didn't even need the gussets. and could weld to anything.

t mount chop.PNG

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
this is the only pic i have of what i did vs a stock bracket. to make room to keep the rubber mount,
basically just 2 plates (1/4 and 3/8) and 2 gussets with a few holes. probably strong enough i didn't even need the gussets. and could weld to anything.

View attachment 279517

That is what I was envisioning too. Just need to get mine done and then schedule a little time for Jeremy and the boys to come visit. And how long they're here depends on the list of mods we're gunna do.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Jeremy,
Something like this for a crossmember and tranny mount. You can get rubber or poly bushings for the ends.

View attachment 279509

Here is a different setup but you get the idea. The only difference would be that unless we get a kit the DOM is straight since I don't have a bender.

View attachment 279510

Here is GenRights kit.

https://genright.com/products/universal-transmission-crossmember-kit.html

EDIT: I borrowed some pictures from other members to show you since mine aren't as good.
That jeep looks familiar.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman