I believe @lowranger has the Bed Tred, so maybe he will chime in with his opinion of it. I'm a big fan of the Bed Rug and like the looks of it. When my carpet gets too campy to handle, I'll go that route.
If like to know, bc I got a sample of each and they are quite different. The BedRug is a lot thicker than the BedTred. The BedTred is a lot less flexible, almost made it seem like it would look like Bedliner. Very clean look to the BedTred, but also worry about it becoming slick when you step in with wet shoes.

If like to know, bc I got a sample of each and they are quite different. The BedRug is a lot thicker than the BedTred. The BedTred is a lot less flexible, almost made it seem like it would look like Bedliner. Very clean look to the BedTred, but also worry about it becoming slick when you step in with wet shoes.
I have bedtred in my new truck bed and had a bedrug in my old truck bed.

In the future I'll only buy Bedrug as I like it better for my uses. Looks better and more comfortable.

Inside a vehicle would be no question BedRug.

The new LJ will get BedRug once I get to that point as it has no carpet now.

Reactions: Irun and JMT
I’m tired of seeing crap in my stock carpet. Every blade of grass and dirt clod finds its way in the carpet. What do you guys recommend? I’ll take any suggestions bc I’ve looked at several and never get convinced enough to pull the trigger. So far the best thing I think is BedTred or maybe a combo of the BedTred and BedRug.
I do like the Bed Tred. So much easier to to clean. :cool:

Reactions: JMT
I do like the Bed Tred. So much easier to to clean. :cool:
I'm tempted to do BedRug in the front and BedTred in the back. One day I'll be ditching the back seat and that will change how I run things back there. Comfort up front. Easy clean up messes in the back. IDK, maybe work.

What do you have to do to clean the BedTred? Do you vacuum and wipe it down?

Reactions: FarFire70
Foolin’ around

A6EA6812-2A80-4DC5-AEC1-6249B55C8AD4.jpeg

I don’t know if I’m in for a pressure washer bro!
Since you'll be ditching the back seat, and floor seat belt, you can easily pull the bottom Bedrug mat out, hose it off, and put it back in. FWIW, installing a Bedrug in the back involves four pieces secured by Velcro. The two side (fenderwell) pieces go on first, then the floor goes in. The fourth piece is the tailgate panel.

Since you'll be ditching the back seat, and floor seat belt, you can easily pull the bottom Bedrug mat out, hose it off, and put it back in. FWIW, installing a Bedrug in the back involves four pieces secured by Velcro. The two side (fenderwell) pieces go on first, then the floor goes in. The fourth piece is the tailgate panel.
I don’t know a lot about BedRug, so that’s helpful in more ways than one. Really makes me want to get it.

Reactions: Irun
I don’t know a lot about BedRug, so that’s helpful in more ways than one. Really makes me want to get it.
Like @Apparition, I've used it in truck beds for years. In my previous truck, it was subjected to hauling bulk much and stone, lumber, appliances, and moved more Jeep parts than I care to admit too. It always cleaned up nicely and looked great when I sold the truck last year. It got wet constantly and never smelled funny.

I finally got around to installing the Currie Currectylinc Steering I bought from @sjalkian! I clearanced some around the drivers side perch on the sway bar axle mount. It looked like it would be fine, but better safe than sorry. This thing is beefy. I aligned it and took it for a drive. I honestly can’t believe it! It is so much better. Everything is more stable. It’s 100% better. Sooo glad I bought this!

70A80A70-129E-4013-B9B4-B55C30730F14.jpeg

You can see in the pic below where I clearanced. The ZJ TB coupling has two lock rings. One of them can rub there if the nut end of the bolt sticks out toward it.

3425259F-8D75-423C-9A1D-25D83A4E3DA5.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally got around to installing the Currie Currectylinc Steering I bought from @sjalkian! I clearanced some around the drivers side perch on the sway bar axle mount. It looked like it would be fine, but better safe than sorry. This thing is beefy. I aligned it and took it for a drive. I honestly can’t believe it! It is so much better. Everything is more stable. It’s 100% better. Sooo glad I bought this!

View attachment 285029
Are you thinking a tie rod flip next or run it as is until you join the bent Currie club?

• Haha
Are you thinking a tie rod flip next or run it as is until you join the bent Currie club?
I’m an unofficial member of the BCC since I bought it bent. Now I want to get into the club officially. Then I’ll Tie Rod Flip. That way I get the best of all worlds. 😂

Question: if I do the TR Flip, does it move it enough that it clears and is guaranteed not to hit rocks?

Boy, it’s so much better now! My first thought was “I love how much better the steering is.” My second thought was “PSC Hydro.”

Question: if I do the TR Flip, does it move it enough that it clears and is guaranteed not to hit rocks?

You want a guarantee that it won't hit the rocks? Move to Florida..... Heck I have my steering up higher than your tie rod flip and I still hit rocks so I'd say NO.

You want a guarantee that it won't hit the rocks? Move to Florida..... Heck I have my steering up higher than your tie rod flip and I still hit rocks so I'd say NO.
Your build is insane.

Reactions: Wildman
I’m an unofficial member of the BCC since I bought it bent. Now I want to get into the club officially. Then I’ll Tie Rod Flip. That way I get the best of all worlds. 😂

Boy, it’s so much better now! My first thought was “I love how much better the steering is.” My second thought was “PSC Hydro.”
There’s definitely no guarantee, so I’d say solve the problems you have (e.g. bend it a few times). But I gained about 2” with the flip.

Anecdotally, @tworley has had way more damage on his tie rod than any anyone I’m aware of and he’s not flipped yet (due to other aftermarket brackets being there). The rest of us have bent them, but usually not severely enough to need to deal with it until after getting home. I don’t know if it being moved up would have protected it in this situation but I think he just was in bad spots though, he came down hard on it last summer when we needed to run back to a tow rig to fix it.

069B5390-B70F-4D69-862A-A8FC676FC608.jpeg

7F530B33-C422-42C3-A13B-FD5419B571E1.jpeg

E37A46A0-44C6-4556-99C7-1CFCF87DCA3A.jpeg

There’s definitely no guarantee, so I’d say solve the problems you have (e.g. bend it a few times). But I gained about 2” with the flip.

Anecdotally, @tworley has had way more damage on his tie rod than any anyone I’m aware of and he’s not flipped yet (due to other aftermarket brackets being there). The rest of us have bent them, but usually not severely enough to need to deal with it until after getting home. I don’t know if it being moved up would have protected it in this situation but I think he just was in bad spots though, he came down hard on it last summer when we needed to run back to a tow rig to fix it.

View attachment 285034

View attachment 285035

View attachment 285036
Nice fix! Pretty clever.

Reactions: Farmergreg