Glad to hear you went with 15" rims. 17" rims only look good on the JKs (due to the bigger wheel wells) in my opinion. In addition (as you found out) the tires are much more expensive for a 17" rim, which is one more reason I'd never go with 17" wheels.

Haha... Yeah, they're trying to make that Compass seem off-road ready, but anyone with half a brain knows that the Wrangler is the only Jeep that's going to be able to do anything more than maybe some light service roads.

Awesome photo though!

Around here, tires that are made for 15" wheels are harder to find. Everyone is going to 17".

And the largest benefit for a 17" wheel is you can run larger brakes.

IMG_5248.JPG
Here's a pic of one of the Jeep promo signs I got for Free! Yeah. The other one is about half this size.

Back in the hills we found these new rubs made by the Rubicon's and TJ's. Wish the pics were closer up. This one was very steep.
IMG_5238.JPG

That's interesting lovemachine. I didn't think of that. There are so many factors and I'm a newbie! I think overall, most on here would say go with 15's. Tires are so much cheaper, too! For me that's a deal breaker! Thanks for the information.....

When it's time to replace my current tires, BFG KO2's, I'm trading out my 15" wheels for 17's.

That's interesting lovemachine. I didn't think of that. There are so many factors and I'm a newbie! I think overall, most on here would say go with 15's. Tires are so much cheaper, too! For me that's a deal breaker! Thanks for the information.....

Bigger brakes aren't necessary unless you're running a 35" tire or larger. If you're under that, the stock brake size with a set of Black Magic pads is all you need, trust me.

Not to mention that a big brake kit will set you back around $1100 or so for a Vanco. Not saying it's not worth it (I have one, it is worth it), but I'm saying that if you don't plan on running 35" tires or larger, the stock brakes are more than up to the task.

When it's time to replace my current tires, BFG KO2's, I'm trading out my 15" wheels for 17's.

I like your Jeep lovemachine. For what it worth, I do think 17's look good on TJ's.

Bigger brakes aren't necessary unless you're running a 35" tire or larger. If you're under that, the stock brake size with a set of Black Magic pads is all you need, trust me.

Not to mention that a big brake kit will set you back around $1100 or so for a Vanco. Not saying it's not worth it (I have one, it is worth it), but I'm saying that if you don't plan on running 35" tires or larger, the stock brakes are more than up to the task.

Vanco makes a BBK to fit 15" wheels. I know because I have said kit. If you plan on towing anything with your jeep, I'd recommend the bigger brakes, otherwise, what Chris said.

Reactions: Chris
Vanco makes a BBK to fit 15" wheels. I know because I have said kit. If you plan on towing anything with your jeep, I'd recommend the bigger brakes, otherwise, what Chris said.

Very true! I have their 16" BBK, but I am well aware that they offer a 15" version as well.

Reactions: bobthetj03
The 15x8's are in. In researching I noted that some rims look good on one color TJ and goofy on another. I wanted to do blackouts first, but they just didn't look right to me. Here's a pic of the ones I chose. Hope to get them
IMG_5257.JPG
mounted by tomorrow!

IMG_5299.JPG
IMG_5300.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG
After and before. Got rid of the steelie wheelies and opted for these alloy 15x8 DC-2's with 31.5x10.5 on today. Gives a wider stance. Now I got a little shine RicanLJ!

Thanks for suggestions on wheel size guys!

Also, looking at the pics the Jeep looks pretty level in the photos with the new wheels. Very pleased with it. Looking at the pics, you guys think I could run 32's or 33 in a 10.5? And if I do that am I going to need to change my gear ratio to avoid it being sluggish?

Those wheels just belong on a red jeep. Looks awesome brah!
Thanks brah! I've been thinking about your build (if you had to do it all over again) on another thread, "1" BL, 1"H&R springs, 31's, wheel the piss out of it, tummy tuck, skid plate, et. al". I might not be too far down the road to do something like that. I thought it was very interesting idea...screw changing gears...

Thanks brah! I've been thinking about your build (if you had to do it all over again) on another thread, "1" BL, 1"H&R springs, 31's, wheel the piss out of it, tummy tuck, skid plate, et. al". I might not be too far down the road to do something like that. I thought it was very interesting idea...screw changing gears...

Exactly! Wish I could go backwards. I did a re-gear, now I have driveline vibes and need to get a SYE and rear CV drive shaft, and hope it cures my vibes. Kinda bums me out.

Reactions: JMT