Aftermarket one is about $50

This kind of stuff is why I always just try to do it myself. You can’t get anyone to do anything right anymore. You pay gobs of money for a crappy job. I’m sick and tired of it. The problem is there’s not enough time to learn to do everything. Now I’m stuck for probably a year or more without AC. Anyone want to buy this thing and save my sanity?
That's good preachin brother, I went a round today with the tranny shop in Mckinney, more on that later.
Yah I could rant away here but other peeps get their hands on the jeep and now we got more.problems than we had to begin with

Reactions: JMT
So...I know your pissed, but take it back and let him look at it. I had the compressor replaced and in my last truck, and it took about 4 times for them to get it right. Bad compressor each time. Good luck man.

Reactions: KCsTJ
That's good preachin brother, I went a round today with the tranny shop in Mckinney, more on that later.
Yah I could rant away here but other peeps get their hands on the jeep and now we got more.problems than we had to begin with
You can say that again. More problems than we had before AND LESS MONEY. Jerks

So...I know your pissed, but take it back and let him look at it. I had the compressor replaced and in my last truck, and it took about 4 times for them to get it right. Bad compressor each time. Good luck man.
The compressor is coming on and shutting off every five to ten seconds, indicating low on Freon. I looked for dye. I didn’t see any. I’m going to pump some more in there and look again. I’m gonna load it up and get the detector and if I don’t find anything assume it’s the evap and do it myself.

The compressor is coming on and shutting off every five to ten seconds, indicating low on Freon. I looked for dye. I didn’t see any. I’m going to pump some more in there and look again. I’m gonna load it up and get the detector and if I don’t find anything assume it’s the evap and do it myself.
I think that is a good plan. That will tell you something even if it's negative or helps you rule something out

You paid a guy to fix the ac. It's not fixed. Give him a chance to make it right. You might be surprised. I don't even like the shop I used, but I took it back each time, and eventually, they got it right. I paid 1 time.

Maybe I will @Ranger_b0b . Just another thing to do, like I don’t have enough with hogs and deer getting in my garden, homeschooling five kids and 100 other things beyond my job. I think right now I’m going to go nuts. I just want my $600 back.

Maybe I will @Ranger_b0b . Just another thing to do, like I don’t have enough with hogs and deer getting in my garden, homeschooling five kids and 100 other things beyond my job. I think right now I’m going to go nuts. I just want my $600 back.
At this point, the 600 bucks is a sunk cost. You can't get it back. You want your a/c fixed... And taking it back is a pain in the ass. I get it, I really do.

But, looking at it another way, you chasing down the leak and tearing the dash apart is going to take more time than just letting the mechanic look at it. And there isn't any guarantee that the evaporator is at fault.

Love the build so far man! Everything looks really good so far, can't wait to see whats next.

Love the build so far man! Everything looks really good so far, can't wait to see whats next.
Thanks. It’s coming real soon. I can sweat without AC, but what’s next will start to take this build over the top!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Sleep on it, chill, and re-group brah! Come drive my jeep for a week. Whistle noise when it's cold, AC lasts a month, vibe central above 55. You have problems? Meh!

Sleep on it, chill, and re-group brah! Come drive my jeep for a week. Whistle noise when it's cold, AC lasts a month, vibe central above 55. You have problems? Meh!
I know, it’s a hundred other things eating at me. I can’t get a break. Thanks brah! I’m still keeping my focus on Moab though. Just could’ve used that AC for my bride.

Did you ever do any research on aftermarket evap units? I’m seeing them for $50 vs the $300 for Mopar

Thanks. It’s coming real soon. I can sweat without AC, but what’s next will start to take this build over the top!
I'm guessing...some sort of roof rack setup? Haha.
Looking forward to it, there are so many cool little surprises in many build threads right now!

I know, it’s a hundred other things eating at me. I can’t get a break. Thanks brah! I’m still keeping my focus on Moab though. Just could’ve used that AC for my bride.

Did you ever do any research on aftermarket evap units? I’m seeing them for $50 vs the $300 for Mopar

I look at it this way, how much labor is it to rip the frickin dash completely apart to change that biotch, so I can save $200? I ain't going there brah! It will be a Mopar unit, and you might as well replace the heater core as well while you are there. I know you didn't want to hear that, but I've been struggling with it for months. I have to have AC, for my bride, and my dog, otherwise, might as well put a FOR SALE sign on the POS.

I look at it this way, how much labor is it to rip the frickin dash completely apart to change that biotch, so I can save $200? I ain't going there brah! It will be a Mopar unit, and you might as well replace the heater core as well while you are there. I know you didn't want to hear that, but I've been struggling with it for months. I have to have AC, for my bride, and my dog, otherwise, might as well put a FOR SALE sign on the POS.
Hey now, don't make me think ur serious....
:) I'd love to have your Red Beast

Understood bobthetj03, JMT would never sell that beast , just going thru a rough patch. I can relate, I just got took for a complete tranny rebuild when it was just the torque convertor $1300 ouchers

I think we've all been there at one point. It's why we are so passionate about doing as much work ourselves as possible.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Squatch