Atlas is a pain with the skid, the 300 is a pain with the auto trans.

There’s one 2” section of the TeraLow 4:1 (front case), that is literally about 3mm wide. Getting that to seal is a PITA. It’s where the magnet is. I’m open to suggestions of how to seal it. I keep burning up that rear output shaft bearing, bc if you don’t catch it you’re screwed.

So, the D300 will fit with my manual without issue? Because I’m willing to drop $4k to not have to deal with this crap. I want a reliable go anywhere go home rig.

@Blackjack What do I have to modify to make an Atlas work with a Savvy skid? Manipulate the tub?

I found a passenger drop NP205 GM. Can u use those internals with a Midnight Metalworks NP205 box?

Reactions: Wildman
There’s one 2” section of the TeraLow 4:1 (front case), that is literally about 3mm wide. Getting that to seal is a PITA. It’s where the magnet is. I’m open to suggestions of how to seal it. I keep burning up that rear output shaft bearing, bc if you don’t catch it you’re screwed.

So, the D300 will fit with my manual without issue? Because I’m willing to drop $4k to not have to deal with this crap. I want a reliable go anywhere go home rig.

So there is a gap where the two cases meet?

The 300 fits with an AX15 pretty well but I have not seen how it fits with the NSG370 but I do not think there is anything to stop it from working.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
So there is a gap where the two cases meet?

The 300 fits with an AX15 pretty well but I have not seen how it fits with the NSG370 but I do not think there is anything to stop it from working.

No gap, I just mean that the mounting face on the TeraLow near the magnet for a stretch of ~2” is only ~3mm wide. You can put RTV on there, but it’s a crapshoot as to whether it seals or not. I’m tired of breaking it open to fix the same old crap.

No gap, I just mean that the mounting face on the TeraLow near the magnet for a stretch of ~2” is only ~3mm wide. You can put RTV on there, but it’s a crapshoot as to whether it seals or not. I’m tired of breaking it open to fix the same old crap.

You should be able to make that seal. The FSM only recommends an 1/8” bead of RTV anyway. Are you making sure the surfaces are really clean? RTV doesn’t stick where there is oil. Then, once you stick the two halves together, you should keep the split line horizontal, so it can cure without having the trace amounts of fluid left in the case making contact with it.

Reactions: JMT
@Blackjack What do I have to modify to make an Atlas work with a Savvy skid? Manipulate the tub?

With the type of fab projects you are getting into now, the tub work to fit the Atlas would not be difficult. Challenging, yes, but that’s a big part of the reason we do this, right?

Also the possibility of a mod to the drivers side seat bracket. I don’t know what, if anything, has to be done with Savvy skid and cross member to make it work, but I’m sure others have insight.

If you are considering an Atlas, the two speed has advantages other than the obvious strength, gearing, and reliability components. It is a good bit shorter the the 231, giving you better driveline angles. In fact, even the four speed is pretty close to the length of a stock 231.

Don’t worry about the body work. Cut until the case clears, then weld in sheet metal to fill in the holes. It doesn’t even have to be pretty as you will not see it.

You got this, Dude.

You should be able to make that seal. The FSM only recommends an 1/8” bead of RTV anyway. Are you making sure the surfaces are really clean? RTV doesn’t stick where there is oil. Then, once you stick the two halves together, you should keep the split line horizontal, so it can cure without having the trace amounts of fluid left in the case making contact with it.

I’m going to have to seal it even if I buy some other case due to wait times. I’ve sealed it on the bench (horizontal), and on the rig. I get the surface super clean with a razor, nylon abrasive wheel, WD-40, and then brake cleaner or alcohol. I’ll pull it and get into it. Dreading it bc my back is hurting and I don’t want to do this. 🙁

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DrDmoney
I’m going to have to seal it even if I buy some other case due to wait times. I’ve sealed it on the bench (horizontal), and on the rig. I get the surface super clean with a nylon abrasive wheel, WD-40, and then brake cleaner or alcohol. I’ll pull it and get into it. Dreading it bc my back is hurting and I don’t want to do this. 🙁

I hear you on the back hurting.

I installed the Atlas clocked at 7 degrees and no body lift with minor tub massaging and the GR crossmember with a little over 1.25” of Hangy-downy into the UCF skid. @Alex01 clocked his at 0 degrees same mount and skid but with the BL and @Lonewolf has his done similar to mine but not sure if he has a BL I am sure there is somebody on here that has done the atlas with the savvy tummy tuck. I’ll bet that @mrblaine has for sure If anyone has.

I installed the Atlas clocked at 7 degrees and no body lift with minor tub massaging and the GR crossmember with a little over 1.25” of Hangy-downy into the UCF skid. @Alex01 clocked his at 0 degrees same mount and skid but with the BL and @Lonewolf has his done similar to mine but not sure if he has a BL I am sure there is somebody on here that has done the atlas with the savvy tummy tuck. I’ll bet that @mrblaine has for sure If anyone has.

Thanks. I have been wondering what @mrblaine does to fit an Atlas with a Savvy MUA.

I'm just frustrated buddy. Venting a bit. I need to pull the TeraLow (which has spoiled me forever) and seal it on the bench. I have a lot of projects going right now on multiple rigs, and my back is hurting, so it's a pain to get down under the rig, but it has to be done in the middle of the raised body mount project. I really need to pull my oil pan too, which means removing the exhaust, and replacing the fel-pro and pan which are leaking. While there take a look at the RMS. This is just too much for me to do with the pain in the back, so I doubt I will get to the pan.

Thanks. I have been wondering what @mrblaine does to fit an Atlas with a Savvy MUA.

I'm just frustrated buddy. Venting a bit. I need to pull the TeraLow (which has spoiled me forever) and seal it on the bench. I have a lot of projects going right now on multiple rigs, and my back is hurting, so it's a pain to get down under the rig, but it has to be done in the middle of the raised body mount project. I really need to pull my oil pan too, which means removing the exhaust, and replacing the fel-pro and pan which are leaking. While there take a look at the RMS. This is just too much for me to do with the pain in the back, so I doubt I will get to the pan.
Trust me I fully understand the meaning of frustration, it may come down to what is more important to your type of wheeling, does having a flat tummy get you more places than lower gearing or is it the other way around? The MUA isn’t going to be hard to sell if you go with the Atlas or maybe some one with a 241OR might be selling one off after they decide they need one to go with their auto swap and stretch (front digs 😉) and we know they fit with the tuck.

Trust me I fully understand the meaning of frustration, it may come down to what is more important to your type of wheeling, does having a flat tummy get you more places than lower gearing or is it the other way around? The MUA isn’t going to be hard to sell if you go with the Atlas or maybe some one with a 241OR might be selling one off after they decide they need one to go with their auto swap and stretch (front digs 😉) and we know they fit with the tuck.

Well, I want it all, raised belly and 4:1 or better, so I guess my answer is to seal up this TeraLow, and start hunting. Plan A could be to sell the MUA, buy a GR crossmember and UCF Skid, and then get an Atlas. That’s a good plan. Plan B could be to look for a 241OR. There are a couple for sale now in the $2500 range. Also a good plan. Thanks!

Well, I want it all, raised belly and 4:1 or better, so I guess my answer is to seal up this TeraLow, and start hunting. Plan A could be to sell the MUA, buy a GR crossmember and UCF Skid, and then get an Atlas. That’s a good plan. Plan B could be to look for a 241OR. There are a couple for sale now in the $2500 range. Also a good plan. Thanks!

Plan C 42RLE swap and a rubicrawler $$$$$

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and DrDmoney