PXL_20220730_171019181.jpg

• Love
Reactions: tworley
You need to build a crossmember for the Atlas either way. At that point you might as well sell the Savvy Under Armor whole and build a new skid.

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
WTH? What did you do to get that Atlas in there? Is that a custom muffler?

I agree, best to sell the whole system if I go with an Atlas, which would be nice. Bulletproof, new, support.

The Under Armor isn't actually installed. I was just using it to get measurements for the new skid.

PXL_20220808_184929215.jpg

Muffler is a Spintech. It packaged well, but I'm not a fan of the sound.

I wrapped up the GR raised body mounts on the passenger side. There are at least two ways to make the center mount work with the Savvy MUA C-Bracket. One is to cut the crossmember and flip it. I don’t know exactly how it’s done, but several on here went that route. Another way is to modify the C-Bracket by cutting some out on each side and on top so the raised body mount will fit. I got the idea from @bty34. I did this. It was very easy and the clearance is good. It looks so much better having the mounts pushed so far up, and hopefully I’ll avoid hitting them as often.

163EF216-D9C8-47ED-81F9-62372874951C.jpeg

99A0B6DF-399F-4A56-919A-70410CC3E6BF.jpeg

A134D3B2-454E-478B-8EED-B8E3C90F20D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Transfer case. I planned to drop it tonight, but I thought, there’s still some fluid in the bottom, so maybe the leak is at the rear yoke and not between the case halves. Of course, ATF is all over the back of the case, and some even up on the transmission. It blows everywhere, but it does look like it may be coming out of the bottom of the yoke. So, I added 0.8qts ATF and cleaned it all up. I’ll take a look in the morning. If I don’t see anything I have an appointment tomorrow and so I’ll take it for a drive and see what shows up. Hopefully this will be an easy fix. Sorry for my rant yesterday.

74033360-7B46-48DC-B3DA-E344497011CB.jpeg

Last edited:
The Under Armor isn't actually installed. I was just using it to get measurements for the new skid.

View attachment 400263

Muffler is a Spintech. It packaged well, but I'm not a fan of the sound.

Fabbing it yourself. I’ve thought about duplicating the Savvy for my sons rig. I have a friend who has a CNC brake press and really any machine I could ever need for fabbing stuff, so I may look into this option too. Drop it lower, put the bends where they need to be, build a crossmember, and add a steel support like the Savvy.

Are you going to change your lower isolator and screw out?

20210605_175200-jpg.257521

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/the-hidden-body-lift.33605/post-899421

I changed the center isolator since it’s the most vulnerable. Ironically, I had not seen the post you linked to, but did sand down the lip of the upper isolator and the inner rim of the lower isolator, as well as trim the end of the body mount cup. I have not decided what to do with the bolt, but I figured it was something I can sort out later very easily.

I’m not convinced changing the other 4 isolators adds anything functional. Perhaps if you’re really in a bad way, but they are really hard to hit since they are near the tires. You should do it since you’re OCD. 😉 Also, you can steal the two isolators from the rear gas tank crossmember and swap them with two from the side and not have to buy any for those two center mounts. That’s another thing I may do after I get it all done for the two most exposed body mounts. For me though, it would likely be totally aesthetic. Here’s a pic of the center mount with rear isolator. That’s the stock bolt. It had been in my attic stash for about 4 years!

290A7A97-16AB-4B7A-B79B-CBA3A327496D.jpeg

YJ blight on the family name. 19 ur old kid needs it going. Turn signals not working, diff leaking due to the rubber plug in the Dana 35. The turn signal part that’s broke is a pivot part. It’s in the second pic below on the left side with the screw in it. You can see where it’s broke. Dealership charged them $500 to fix it and they didn’t replace that part. It’s kinda important. 🙄 Only place I could find it in the world was a place out of CA that deals only in steering columns. 😳 Cost $61 shipped. The rig is falling apart around the engine. Shifts into 2nd a bit hard, tranny or diff howling some. Hopefully get it put back together today and that will mean 1 less Jeep on my property. This one needs to go!
95F914D4-5936-4775-8148-BC94ACB3E50F.jpeg

4CBE596C-FB0B-4D57-B3A4-9029D682CF03.jpeg

Last edited:
YJ blight on the family name. 19 ur old kid needs it going. Turn signals not working, diff leaking due to the rubber plug in the Dana 35. The turn signal part that’s broke is a pivot part. Only place I could find it in the world was a place out of CA that deals only in steering columns. 😳 Cost $61 shipped. The rig is falling apart around the engine. Shifts into 2nd a bit hard, tranny or diff howling some. Hopefully get it put back together today and that will mean 1 less Jeep on my property. This one needs to go!
View attachment 400390

View attachment 400389

What was your kid thinking?🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney