I'm sitting at 3" in the front, and 2" in the rear and am running 33x12.5x15 MT tires. With extended bump stops in the front, this setup has been working great for me. The reason for the extended bumps stops is that the tire would stuff into the fender when flexed. Even with flat flares, it would still hit as it's hitting the metal part of the fender where the flares attach.

Once my tube fenders arrive, and I get them on, the extension will be able to come out.

Now, if you stay with 31's, you're golden. I wheel almost every weekend, on varying terrain, and the 33's work the best for me. I did run 31's, but they didn't give me the clearance that I wanted. Quite a few (almost all) the guys I wheel with run 35's, but I haven't personally seen the need for that big of a tire.

If you're not going to wheel it, don't waste the money on getting setup to run 33's. IMHO

Where did you get your extended front bump stops? I have a 1” body lift and 2.5” OME lift. My front tires (12.50 x 15 K02) rubbed badly when 4 wheeling and sway bar disconnected.

Another mod to do when the Jeep gets back from the shop. It’s a lot to get ready for Moab from back when we first started talking about it. I’m almost out of breath, but thanks to @bobthetj03, I’ve stayed pretty focused, yeah brah!

OPDA up next...

Reactions: bobthetj03
Another cool thing to have in the rig, tossing the jumper cables...time to break on the gears and focus on camping comforts for Moab...

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac
Yes they do. I've even jumped my diesel with it.
Yes they do. I've even jumped my diesel with it.

What size Diesel engine? I’m curious if this thing will work on a vehicle higher than it is rated for. We’ve got a V 8 in our arsenal. The Boost rated for it is like $200, this one was $100

What size Diesel engine? I’m curious if this thing will work on a vehicle higher than it is rated for. We’ve got a V 8 in our arsenal. The Boost rated for it is like $200, this one was $100
I think we also paid $100 for ours. I have a 2001 Dodge with the Cummins diesel which runs two barriers.

Another mod to do when the Jeep gets back from the shop. It’s a lot to get ready for Moab from back when we first started talking about it. I’m almost out of breath, but thanks to @bobthetj03, I’ve stayed pretty focused, yeah brah!

OPDA up next...
View attachment 76372

Is this a preventative, or did you get the dreaded screaming monkeys?

Picked up the Jeep from Just Jeeps in Austin today. They have a ton of rigs just sitting around out there, probably 35, one of which I recognized @Bob in Texas. I was a little skeptical they would get to mine but they had finished up this morning and we made our way the 90 miles to pick it up. Everything looked very good underneath. The diffs covers even had a fresh coat of paint on them. 4.56 gears and Eaton E-Locker in the Dana 44 with PowerTrax No Slip in the Dana 30

I asked about the break-in. He said they removed the coating from the gears before install (some polymer?) and they put it on the rack for 20 minutes forward and reverse. He said it was not really necessary, but I could follow the procedures if I wanted. A guy named Keith did the gears. He’s been doing them for 15 years. He said I could drive all the way home without an issue. I took it for a drive and it was very quiet. After a short drive I texted a bit with my fellow wheelin’ master @b0xcar who urged me to go wheel with him tomorrow. I was skeptical so I called the shop and they said, that wouldn’t be a problem at all, the gears are good to go, all broken in. Of course, I’m still skeptical, but I did drive about 30 minutes and then checked the diff. It was not really hot. I could easily keep my hand on it. It is freezing temperatures and rainy, so maybe that has something to do with it. At any rate, everything seems kosher. I’m pumped to get this done. On the highway I have power! I can pass in 6th gear, it’s crazy. I was able to keep up with my wife in her Yukon. She was very happy I got the gears done and for a great price.

4.56 Revolution Gears, 2850rpm @ 70mph in 6th gear NSG370 33’s 4.0 Dana 30/44

Last edited:
Picked up the Jeep from Just Jeeps in Austin today. They have a ton of rigs just sitting around out there, probably 35, one of which I recognized @Bob in Texas. I was a little skeptical they would get to mine but they had finished up this morning and we made our way the 90 miles to pick it up. Everything looked very good underneath. The diffs covers even had a fresh coat of paint on them. 4.56 gears and Eaton E-Locker in the Dana 44 with PowerTrax No Slip in the Dana 30

I asked about the break-in. He said they removed the coating from the gears before install (some polymer?) and they put it on the rack for 20 minutes forward and reverse. He said it was not really necessary, but I could follow the procedures if I wanted. A guy named Keith did the gears. He’s been doing them for 15 years. He said I could drive all the way home without an issue. I took it for a drive and it was very quiet. After a short drive I texted a bit with my fellow wheelin’ master @b0xcar who urged me to go wheel with him tomorrow. I was skeptical so I called the shop and they said, that wouldn’t be a problem at all, the gears are good to go, all broken in. Of course, I’m still skeptical, but I did drive about 30 minutes and then checked the diff. It was not really hot. I could easily keep my hand on it. It is freezing temperatures and rainy, so maybe that has something to do with it. At any rate, everything seems kosher. I’m pumped to get this done. On the highway I have power! I can pass in 6th gear, it’s crazy. I was able to keep up with my wife in her Yukon. She’s calling me the “Sexy Jeep King” now. She was very happy I got the gears done and for a great price.

That's so great! Congratulations!

Reactions: IPerkWVU and JMT

I asked about the break-in. He said they removed the coating from the gears before install (some polymer?) and they put it on the rack for 20 minutes forward and reverse. He said it was not really necessary, but I could follow the procedures if I wanted. A guy named Keith did the gears. He’s been doing them for 15 years. He said I could drive all the way home without an issue. I took it for a drive and it was very quiet. After a short drive I texted a bit with my fellow wheelin’ master @b0xcar who urged me to go wheel with him tomorrow. I was skeptical so I called the shop and they said, that wouldn’t be a problem at all, the gears are good to go, all broken in. Of course, I’m still skeptical, but I did drive about 30 minutes and then checked the diff. It was not really hot. I could easily keep my hand on it. It is freezing temperatures and rainy, so maybe that has something to do with it. At any rate, everything seems kosher. I’m pumped to get this done. On the highway I have power! I can pass in 6th gear, it’s crazy. I was able to keep up with my wife in her Yukon. She was very happy I got the gears done and for a great price.

JMT, glad you had a good experience with Just Jeeps in Austin, they really are great folks to deal with. For sure the best jeep shop in the central Texas area and probably the state! Yeah my rig has issues from our last run at HF, that pop I heard in my rear was not good. They haven’t had time to look at mine yet hopefully they can get a look at it next week. You are also right on their pricing they are very reasonable, honest, and fair.

Reactions: KCsTJ