06 LJ auto won't start!

Not a complete idiot or even a partial one.
I’ve been a mechanic for 40+ years and in my experience, intermittent electrical issues can be some of the most difficult problems to diagnosis and repair. My heart used to sink when I had a “no start” work order and the vehicle started on the first try when I went out to the car.
Don’t be too hard on yourself. You were successful in the end and I’ll bet money ahead.

I appreciate that. Definitely learned from it.

Not a complete idiot or even a partial one.
I’ve been a mechanic for 40+ years and in my experience, intermittent electrical issues can be some of the most difficult problems to diagnosis and repair. My heart used to sink when I had a “no start” work order and the vehicle started on the first try when I went out to the car.
Exactly, there's nothing harder to troubleshoot than an intermittent electrical problem. I spent ten years on the technical support side of large scale electronic wonders and some only failed right after you turned it back over to the customer. I had a large mainframe computer owned by Travelodge that used to fail every hour or two. The customer was getting really pissed too lol. It drove me crazy for a couple days until I figured out it was going down due to a big power spike coming from the MRI machine in the hospital across the street. Every time the hospital would zap a patient with the MRI machine, it'd take my million dollar computer system down with it. :risas3:

Ain't that the truth. Any idea what this is called I can't find one thats even close to it online
that part your looking at is part of the evap system not replaceable comes with the tank mine was cracked and wouldn't pass smog here in good ol California had to have it smoked tested to find the problem the shop couldn't fix if with out changing the tank so I brought it back home pulled the tank JBed the heck around the grove that it had let it cure for a couple days and its been good for 5000k miles so far and it passed smog