1999 SE from stock

Time for some new wheels and tires!!!
Yup, these-
Wheels.jpg

and these -
Tires.jpg

The wheels are 16"x 8" with 4 1/2 inch back space...the tires are 265/75R16 load range C.

To support the wheels and tires, as well as to give me a little more ground clearance-
Suspension Lift, JKS Jspec 2" TJ Lift. Not 100% sold on this particular one yet, but it's the leading contender at the moment.
JKS JSpec 2 inch Lift.jpg

And this -
JKS Body Lift.jpg

and this -
Brown Dog 1 inch MML.jpg

That ought to just about kill my bank account for the year...

That's the runner up so far, subject to input from the experts. Everything I've read on the OME springs that DPG uses indicates that a 2" OME spring actually gives you somewhere in the neighborhood to 3 - 3 1/2" of lift on a light TJ. The OME springs, and DPG, have a sterling reputation though, and the JKS stuff is really new in the TJ world. JKS has a pretty good rep in the JK world. We'll see if that translates. I have it stuck in my head that I want a small lift - 2" or so.

My Jeep is light, only 3,200# with a half tank of gas. She runs light about 80% of the time. My intention is to keep her as light as I can, even with all the Mods. I'm investigating a lot of aluminum parts like armor and bumpers. With that 120 HP four banger the power to weight ratio is a concern. On the other end of the spectrum she runs very heavy about 20% of the time. No curb weight for the loaded condition yet, but it's got to be just over max GVW. The design criteria is an attempt to satisfy both conditions.

Just don't make the mistake most do, thinking you'll be 'lightweight' forever. I made that mistake at first only to then start adding winches, bumpers, etc. and before you know it the weight starts piling on. Of course if your goal is to stay lightweight (and you have a reason to with the 4 banger) then I could see your concern.

When I had my OME lift on with the Wrangler was bone stock, I feel like the 2.5" they advertise was indeed accurate.

No problem! Just make sure you don't make the mistake so many of us made and assume that it will be enough. Maybe it will be, that's certainly possible. But it wasn't for me... I had to keep going!

That's the rumor...you end up doing at least two builds. The newbie build and one or more builds to fix all the stuff you messed up the first time around. Hoping to cut down on that cycle a little bit. I know what I'd like to do, but the budget won't allow for it, and the wife would freak out. I'd be living in the woods in my wall tent. Come to think of it, the wall tent IS nicer than my first apartment. Hmmmm...

Haha...

I made the mistake of going with the 2.5" OME first. Not so much a mistake because it is a FANTASTIC lift, but then I started realizing that I should have just gone with a 4" so I could solve all the potential clearance issues associated with a 2.5" lift. I wish I'd listened to everyone else's advice when I started because I would have just saved the money and went right to the big lift from the start.

Maybe I should just put the new, stock fender flares on and start squirreling away parts and money to do the full meal deal. The Jeep, she keeps whispering to me about a Gen IV engine and Savvy / Currie suspension. I do love me some small block chevys. Shouldn't hurt the gas mileage any, and wouldn't have to worry about power. Kinda going back to my roots.

Reactions: Chris
I'd sit down and try to map out a game plan and what you really want out of it in the end.

I wanted 33" tires and to be able to run them on stock fenders with more than enough clearance. In addition to that I knew I wanted to tuck my transfer case and gas tank.

So, automatically I knew I needed adjustable control arms, skid plates, a new double cardan driveshaft, at least a 2.5" lift and 1" body lift, a motor mount lift, transfer case cable shifter... The list goes on.

I probably didn't need the RCV axles or the Revolution chromoly rear axles, but I figured I may as well do it since I would end up doing it eventually anyways.

That's exactly where I am at. 33 12.50's are the perfect tire size for here on the wet side of the PNW. Back into that, and experience with the old CJ'S and the 304...along with experience in chevy trucks, well you know where that leads.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, before you know it you'll be throwing in a V8! Of course I'm not sure how that will do with emissions...

I like the Grizzly wheels, I have the same on mine and they dress out nice with bigger tires. BTW you can get the center caps for cheap on Ebay, just picked up a set of 4 for $12.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris