1999 SE from stock

yeah, I saw the ad, did a copy/paste without thinking.
Honestly? SE? nothing wrong with 30/35s.

If they were for sale in the Pacific Northwest???? I'd probably be on the road right now.

Love this thread... my next Jeep will either be a CJ2 or an SE. I'm looking at building a street legal Razor.
Keep throwing the suggestions out there billiebob! May not act on them for one reason or another, but at least they would be in one place. I really like my SE, glad I found it and bought it.

Hmmm, going with a hiline would fix another issue that I have. The only dents in the Jeep are in the hood. Someone's girlfriend (I'm assuming) sat on the hood at some point and put two cute little dimples in it. A new hiline hood would fix that and give me more clearance to boot!

SAME,
Mine was owned by a college girl.
I "assume" someone said "Hey Kelly, hop on the hood. I want a picture of you in that bikini".
Dents in the hood and cowl vent. The vent is still not quite straight. I just want a copy of the photo!

Reactions: Big Sarge and StG58
Those dents are classic. Almost every Jeep owner can stroll by a Jeep with those dents and go "Yup, know what happened there! ".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hmmm, going with a hiline would fix another issue that I have. The only dents in the Jeep are in the hood. Someone's girlfriend (I'm assuming) with a size 15 saddle backside sat on the hood at some point and put two cute little dimples in it. A new hiline hood would fix that and give me more clearance to boot!

If you want a highline conversion locally your best bet is David Kishpaugh of Jeep's West. He does them all the time and they are really, really damn good! He's very reasonable on his rates as well. He is the ONLY local guy I trust with anything and everything Jeep Wrangler. Honest to god, this guy is a Wrangler guru in-and-out.

Is he on the forum? Why not? We need to hear from the local talent, lord knows we have a bunch!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He's on JeepForum, but I need to tell him to get on this one as well. He was just over at my house helping me the other day with some stuff.

Yeah, he's probably one of those guys that isn't the most sociable but he's just a wealth of information. All he does for a living is build Jeeps, and build some amazing ones he does!

First order of business: lift and tires!
First order of business is replacing the fender flares. After that is communication and safety upgrades. Then an intermediate step of 31x10.50 tires. Then a small 3 1/2" combo lift. Then comes the complicated part, axle swaps and upgrades. Then more suspension upgrades, probably. It'll take awhile to get it all put together.

Sounds like we have similar plans. And nothing wrong with that 4 banger man. I've got one, it's not the fastest on the highway, but put it in 4Lo and it does just fine. One thing I'll say, and I know you aren't doing this next week or anything, but you might want to consider a tire upgrade at/close to the same time as the 3.5" lift if you still go that high.

Reactions: StG58
Sounds like we have similar plans. And nothing wrong with that 4 banger man. I've got one, it's not the fastest on the highway, but put it in 4Lo and it does just fine. One thing I'll say, and I know you aren't doing this next week or anything, but you might want to consider a tire upgrade at/close to the same time as the 3.5" lift if you still go that high.

I'm liking my four angry squirrels. I don't spend a lot of time going faster than about 60 - 65 anyway. Most of the time it's 25 - 30. The four does great for that. Once all the fiddly stuff gets done,and there isn't much of that to do yet, then it's 31x10.50 tires. Then the JKS JSPEC 2" lift and a 1.5" body lift. Then diving into axles and gears, then locating arms. I'm really thinking 4.88's, Revolution gears and axles, and JKS arms. We'll see how it all comes togather.

Last edited:
Reactions: PStov98TJ