I scored a roof top tent from a friend that was upgrading for next to nothing and have been working on a a rack that ties into the cage using brackets that sandwich the roof. Im still working on it but don’t want to rush it. I don’t want to drill thru my roof more then once…

I have a camping trip this weekend and remember seeing a guy in YT years ago that made a bed inside his jeep. I could not remember if he had to remove his passenger seat or not. So a took some measurements with the seat tumbled forward and in the LJ there is the perfect space for a 6 foot person to sleep.

Went to lowes and made a basic folding platform that can be stored easily and installs in two minute. Made me start thinking of making a better one with a slide out drawer under the bed etc…

857DE819-E223-420E-BB6A-46A0AB82AF5C.jpeg

251B9553-A940-46EB-9CEE-DA519CF51286.jpeg

C3ACED00-CA84-42C4-8F5B-6A06FA855490.jpeg

I scored a roof top tent from a friend that was upgrading for next to nothing and have been working on a a rack that ties into the cage using brackets that sandwich the roof. Im still working on it but don’t want to rush it. I don’t want to drill thru my roof more then once…

I have a camping trip this weekend and remember seeing a guy in YT years ago that made a bed inside his jeep. I could not remember if he had to remove his passenger seat or not. So a took some measurements with the seat tumbled forward and in the LJ there is the perfect space for a 6 foot person to sleep.

Went to lowes and made a basic folding platform that can be stored easily and installs in two minute. Made me start thinking of making a better one with a slide out drawer under the bed etc…
Nice work on that folding platform. Do you plan to just throw a sleeping pad and a sleeping bag on it?

for the most part yes. I have a self inflating sleep pad I am going to try on top of a closed cell foam sleep pad. With a sleeping bag.

The rack is with in reach for snacks etc… it works pretty good together.

Rivnuts installed on under side so you can remove the rash guard easily. Hex head will be counter sunk, just using them for mock up.

D0AEBC0A-EB4D-4E44-A193-E8E9ECDA1C6E.jpeg

2ADED08B-9263-43E8-9813-1482C6241E20.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PNW_LJ
Not sure about the front. This would work for just about any fender but I’m thinking of extending it to where the stock fender would end and just trim to fit. May look cleaner But more work. Opinions?

0209A229-F9BE-4134-B708-AA98DDAF2F3F.jpeg

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Not sure about the front. This would work for just about any fender but I’m thinking of extending it to where the stock fender would end and just trim to fit. May look cleaner But more work. Opinions?

View attachment 482208

From a product perspective, I would extend the backer to go wheelwell to wheelwell. Since you have the Genright (I assume) Fenders, your particular application will need to be trimmed to fit.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Mike your correct, I have the genright front fenders. I got the overall dims correct but after looking at them on the jeep you start to see little things you don't see in CAD. I moved some holes around to better fit things and also made the cutout for my fenders but am going to change it to go all the way to the factory front fender. I have a few friends that are going to want a set and I need to consider a wider variety of fender choice to make life easier down the road. Thanks,

I have a few irons in the fire and one of the prototypes just arrived. I am working a on a hinge that bridges the tailgate and beefs up the hinge area to support a spare tire and or accessories. I need to make a few changes but the concept is coming together.

D6DDDC9A-15A5-45F1-85BF-80B22309B7A1.jpeg

104D4A22-C6AD-41B9-9766-64B5FB27188C.jpeg

BC2AA073-740E-4650-913C-604948BD20DF.jpeg

4817FDAC-6B88-4F08-8CA5-1A1396F286E2.jpeg

93FF31AF-4E6E-46C9-892A-2961D7275133.jpeg

I have a few irons in the fire and one of the prototypes just arrived. I am working a on a hinge that bridges the tailgate and beefs up the hinge area to support a spare tire and or accessories. I need to make a few changes but the concept is coming together.

Those look great! keep us posted on those for sure!

Reactions: Fluxor
Interesting. How are you addressing the weakness of the tub?

Great question. I am working on and will be installing Aluminum corner guards. Hinge combined with corner guards for highest strength.

I finished these first and want them to work with factory/BMB tail lights with otherwise stock components.

It really depends on the intended use. Mall crawler with 35s/37s that does not see much if any wheeling. Hinges and tire carrier(not pictured) should be a viable solution. Installing these showed me how much my factory hinges are letting my tailgate sag with zero deformation on the tub side.

I am thinking those wheeling to a point where the hinge starts to deflect the tub sheet metal should be running corner guards. Hinge combined with corner guards should provide the most strength.

I have tossed around the idea of making a small interior bracket that attaches the upper hinge to the lower cage foot plate but I want to test the final version and see if it really makes a difference. I hate to solve a problem that does not exist.

Last edited:
Nice work!

Have you considered maybe extend the braces a little further to the left with a second set of vertical holes to allow for the option to center the spare on the tailgate?