2005 bright silver auto TJR

IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
The one pic you can see overspray that bubbled and made it look like the coat is coming off already. If you were considering mammoths you have been warned. Fuckers lol

View attachment 28218 View attachment 28219 View attachment 28220 View attachment 28221 View attachment 28222 The one pic you can see overspray that bubbled and made it look like the coat is coming off already. If you were considering mammoths you have been warned. Fuckers lol

Jezzzzzzz! Call them, give ‘em a chance to make it right. Keep the rims in good condition, inspect them closely.

Honestly could have been UPS but they could wrap them more protected than a plastic sleeve around the lip and some plastic wrap.
Rims are always shipped crappily IMO. When I ordered a spare AR23 from 4wd it came in a square box with 1/8” foam around it. Easily could have been damaged.

I don't think I can at this point. I hate when crap like this happens. Waited anxiously for brand new rims lol and I get some that are obviously damaged goods. Stock Moab's for me until I get a wild hair and find some others. Oh yea...there made in China to whomever was wondering haha

Shit! Sucks to hear about this. I was looking forward to seeing those bad boys on your rig. Sorry to hear this. Hope they make it right.

Reactions: Starrs
If you really want Pintlers, get some JK ones in 17" and some spacer / adapters. They look like they're going for about 1500 bucks, give or take, on Ebay
I liked these as they were so cheap. 1500 bucks is a bit steep for what I was wanting to do. They are nice rims, but I'll stick with the Moab's for now. Almost told them to send me 5 more, but he couldn't guarantee a flawless delivery, and I'm not taking the chance again. Ups will pickup tomorrow.

Yeah, the damage being on the lip like that is a no go. If it was a scratch on the face or something I could live with that since they are just gonna get scratched up first major wheeling trip, but the damage to those 2 wheels might compromise keeping air in the tires.

Yeah, the damage being on the lip like that is a no go. If it was a scratch on the face or something I could live with that since they are just gonna get scratched up first major wheeling trip, but the damage to those 2 wheels might compromise keeping air in the tires.
Maybe my expectations are just too high but when I buy a brand new product I expect nothing less than brand new lol. Would have loved to order another set, but the guy on the phone could not guarantee a perfect delivery, and I'm not going through this hassle a second time for these rims. They are good looking wheels don't get me wrong, but the transport to my house makes them a no go for me. Honestly it might take 3 deliveries to get 5 perfect wheels.

So customer service ended up being great. After he looked at the pics he knew they wouldn't hold air and offered to send replacements, but I opted for a full refund for now based on what I said in the earlier post. Super cool guy. Went on to tell me about his jk and a JKU he is buying for his wife from Ohio. Told him to check for rust hahaha. Anyway sorry guys for not getting a good batch of rims and not taking the gamble of another order. The Moab's look great and are in great condition so I'll keep riding with these for now.

Wow. Unless they figure out how to package those for shipping in the future, they're going to be getting a lot of wheels back.

Wow. Unless they figure out how to package those for shipping in the future, they're going to be getting a lot of wheels back.
He mentioned they have been getting a ton of rims back lately. He said check out there ebay store lol that's where they end up putting the ones that arnt too bad off. Mine was around the lip, so they prolly wouldn't hold air so these will be recycled he said

I will have to look next time I take mine off...went to check and DTD no longer shows the AR23 Available? I know when I ordered a month or so ago they had to direct order them but they were listed on the we site.
They have them they just changed the design a little. Mine are quite old, I was surprised to see that made in USA stamp hahaha.

IMG_0025.JPG
Centercaps have an electric yellow tinge to them so I'm happy now that I didn't end up liking the way this would have looked lol. AEV centers would have been way better

Reactions: JMT
Just chalks up another concern I’ve had about Extreme Terrain. They obviously have great marketing and a loyal following, but their advice for builds is often poor and the packing job not being fixable leaves much to be desired. At least good customer service! Too bad man. You’ll get what’s right when the time comes. Way to stick to your guns