2005 bright silver auto TJR

Reactions: Starrs
I’m gonna attempt it, because the top looks so damn good it will drive me nuts to not get it on there. The material is unreal compared to the OEM.
I believe it! I know I sold my LJ too for $400 cash and a $160 Jeep part. TJ tops typically sell for a little less but I bet you could get $300-$350 for yours though since your Jeep only has 21,000 miles on it.

Do you have the link for that LJR? These ppl are nuts what they want for factory hard tops. Honestly after seeing this black twill soft top in person and getting my hands on it I’m glad I went this route. Hardtop is a 2 person job, and I still like the look of a soft top better

Reactions: bobthetj03
Do you have the link for that LJR? These ppl are nuts what they want for factory hard tops. Honestly after seeing this black twill soft top in person and getting my hands on it I’m glad I went this route. Hardtop is a 2 person job, and I still like the look of a soft top better

I don’t blame you. They don’t make the black twill for LJ’s in the factory style.. so that sucks.. and they came out with the black twill in the frameless top for LJ’s... 6 months after we bought ours... which also sucks lol. Oh well. Hopefully it’s off more than on.

LJR’s out here go for $16,500+ for over 100,000 miles and can get up to $23,000+ if they have under 100,000 miles. We bought our non rubicon for $13,500 with 68,000 original miles on it. We have 82,000 miles on it now. Estimated price for others in similar condition would be right around $18,000-$18,500. It’s craziness.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/715254991/overview/

Those are both nice. Check out crosschryslerjeep.com and look at their LJ inventory. It’s pretty good but pricey.

I look at their inventory all the time lol. Though I love the high fender kits and AEV LJ’s I could never justify owning a used one. Those things were wheeled hard back in the day lol. 30,000 miles is one thing on the street.. another thing on the rocks/off-road. Also if you crack a rim you are screwed. Can’t replace them lol. I’d much rather start with something bone stock with as low miles as possible. My dream would be this LJ but in red with the mopar bumpers on it. Pretty much just the 1 inch body, one in motor mount, tummy tuck, and new drive shafts. Maybe some longer links in the rear and some quick disconnects. Would still drive great on road and be pretty capable off road.

The crazy awesome part about this one below is that they put a 5.7 hemi in it. They call it the sleeper LJ lol. I like builds like yours. To someone who doesn’t know Jeeps very well would think yours came from the factory that way. I like the really clean look but really awesome stuff underneath lol.
9ECB162F-5296-42A2-9C0D-EDBC4F6AB646.jpeg

D2D0571D-C2B5-452A-B991-C8771D639D83.jpeg

I look at their inventory all the time lol. Though I love the high fender kits and AEV LJ’s I could never justify owning a used one. Those things were wheeled hard back in the day lol. 30,000 miles is one thing on the street.. another thing on the rocks/off-road. Also if you crack a rim you are screwed. Can’t replace them lol. I’d much rather start with something bone stock with as low miles as possible. My dream would be this LJ but in red with the mopar bumpers on it. Pretty much just the 1 inch body, one in motor mount, tummy tuck, and new drive shafts. Maybe some longer links in the rear and some quick disconnects. Would still drive great on road and be pretty capable off road.

The crazy awesome part about this one below is that they put a 5.7 hemi in it. They call it the sleeper LJ lol. I like builds like yours. To someone who doesn’t know Jeeps very well would think yours came from the factory that way. I like the really clean look but really awesome stuff underneath lol.
View attachment 30789
View attachment 30790
Surprised they didn’t do a tummy tuck on that blue one. It’s sharp tho. Yea I really am fine with mine as it sits today. I added up all the money I’ve spent on it, and it’s alot when you add it up. Doesn’t look over the top either haha. Mopar is expensive, but very good stuff.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Surprised they didn’t do a tummy tuck on that blue one. It’s sharp tho. Yea I really am fine with mine as it sits today. I added up all the money I’ve spent on it, and it’s alot when you add it up. Doesn’t look over the top either haha. Mopar is expensive, but very good stuff.
Mopar or no car lol.

My goal is to find the same front bumper you have but run the Bestop single action tire carrier. I think they’ll compliment eachother well. Plus I’ll have better luck with that than finding the rear mopar bumper. Still can’t believe you got your hands on it.

Mopar or no car lol.

My goal is to find the same front bumper you have but run the Bestop single action tire carrier. I think they’ll compliment eachother well. Plus I’ll have better luck with that than finding the rear mopar bumper. Still can’t believe you got your hands on it.
Me either lol months of long searches. Quadratec still has the fronts for sale. NOS @Chris bought one. Like 600 somethin bucks tho. But it’s an option.

Reactions: Chris
Me either lol months of long searches. Quadratec still has the fronts for sale. NOS @Chris bought one. Like 600 somethin bucks tho. But it’s an option.
Hoping to find a good used one for $350 or so. $600 is steep! Lol. The Bestop tire carrier is $800-$900.. but it’s one of the only single actions on the market.. that holds a high lift... and up to a 40 inch tire lol.

Ok so I will preface this with saying it is possible to put on a twill soft top when it is below freezing...is it fun? HELL NO lol. My poor lady friend. She is amazing and I love her to death. She heard me cussing in the garage and I had blood on the jeep...busted my fingers repeatedly through this whole ordeal. Anyway I had the top laying in my house at 70 degrees since Wednesday so I thought that would suffice. I also put a space heater in the garage for a few hours before my install, and I think it might have got up to 50 tops in there. Anyway top is up and it took me every bit of 3 hrs adjusting and readjusting to make it fit right. I really didn’t think I was gonna be able to make it around the last corner of the rear haha. I screamed so loud we it finally went. Pics to follow.

Where is the blood?? Haha. Hate that it was so tough to install but it looks great!
It does look a lot better than the other one. My fingers were all jacked up. A shoe horn really would have came in handy. Should have went to Wally World and grabbed one but oh well. Ill have to see how it goes at highway speeds yet. All in all I’m happy with it aesthetically. Feels good to be done with the mods now ;)

It does look a lot better than the other one. My fingers were all jacked up. A shoe horn really would have came in handy. Should have went to Wally World and grabbed one but oh well. Ill have to see how it goes at highway speeds yet. All in all I’m happy with it aesthetically. Feels good to be done with the mods now ;)
Haha -next weeks conversation... “ so I picked this up today” lol.

Reactions: JMT