2005 bright silver auto TJR

Forget the top (not really, I love that top) but what about the tires? Those look so good on a Jeep. I had those on my JKR, and even though they are a bit noisy, I think a Jeep looks like it's supposed to with BFG MTs...
When they wear down a bit they tend to howl, but when your driving 3k miles only a year that kind of stuff doesn’t really apply haha. My favorite tires also

1CA9B3EB-2144-449D-B84D-8F854A04A8AB.jpeg
Better image of the twill top. Still amazed how nice this thing is.

That changed the complete look of your Jeep! That looks great! Would you say the wind noise is less?
Oh no doubt it’s night and day now. The OEM top I had was a dark grey, and this coal black in in love with. Wind noise is def better. I rarely get it above 50, but yea I barely hear it. Hell the aesthetics of it alone sold me. It’s the best looking soft top I’ve ever seen. The thickness compared to the OEM top is great.

View attachment 31719 Better image of the twill top. Still amazed how nice this thing is.

You repainted it white? :risas3:

Okay, let me know how that soft top is on the highway at speeds of 60+ for long distances. I ended up selling my Bestop (it wasn't the twill version) because that thing ballooned so damn much on the highway, and it was so friggin' loud. The hard top is so nice and quiet, and I found myself barely being able to think with the soft top on.

I'm curious if the Twill version is any quieter or less obnoxious at highway speeds.

It sure looks good though!

You repainted it white? :risas3:

Okay, let me know how that soft top is on the highway at speeds of 60+ for long distances. I ended up selling my Bestop (it wasn't the twill version) because that thing ballooned so damn much on the highway, and it was so friggin' loud. The hard top is so nice and quiet, and I found myself barely being able to think with the soft top on.

I'm curious if the Twill version is any quieter or less obnoxious at highway speeds.

It sure looks good though!
LOL the twill soft top is amazing at all speeds on any distance trip. Let me clarify my above post. I have had it above 50 lol and I have driven it for long periods...my jeep gets driven daily in rain, snow, sleet, and hail if it has too lol. Cab stays just as warm as the hard top I had on my jk.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I don't know about you guys, but I feel more comfortable driving my TJ in bad weather vs. my other choices. Just seems more planted. Sadly, I just cant justify the coin for a Twill, but still want to know if it is quieter. I agree with @Chris, the standard soft top is stupid noisy. Only saving grace is I can't hear my vibes with the soft top, lol!

I don't know about you guys, but I feel more comfortable driving my TJ in bad weather vs. my other choices. Just seems more planted. Sadly, I just cant justify the coin for a Twill, but still want to know if it is quieter. I agree with @Chris, the standard soft top is stupid noisy. Only saving grace is I can't hear my vibes with the soft top, lol!
I spent 18,500 bucks to drive my jeep lol. I was obsessed with finding a hard top for months, and I’m glad I never found one. The twill top is the best of both worlds on my jeep anyway. No issues with mine.

I agree with @Chris, the standard soft top is stupid noisy. Only saving grace is I can't hear my vibes with the soft top, lol!

And in all honesty, that's why I got rid of my soft top. I had the Bestop Supertop NX and my god that thing was so obnoxious on the highway, I couldn't even bare it. We'd take these 2 hour long drives and it was mind numbing, so I finally said screw this, I'm going full hardtop, and I'll take it off when I get to the house we're staying at.

Now if I knew for sure that the Twill top was as quiet as the hardtop, then I might reconsider my whole stance on soft tops. But it's a lot of money to throw out there just to "test" this out. @Starrs, have you ever had a hard top on your TJ at all?

Reactions: Fouledplugs
And in all honesty, that's why I got rid of my soft top. I had the Bestop Supertop NX and my god that thing was so obnoxious on the highway, I couldn't even bare it. We'd take these 2 hour long drives and it was mind numbing, so I finally said screw this, I'm going full hardtop, and I'll take it off when I get to the house we're staying at.

Now if I knew for sure that the Twill top was as quiet as the hardtop, then I might reconsider my whole stance on soft tops. But it's a lot of money to throw out there just to "test" this out. @Starrs, have you ever had a hard top on your TJ at all?
If I would have had a hardtop on it I wouldn’t have spent months looking for one lol. I had a hardtop on my jk, and I hated having to have a second person around to help me lug it off and on all the time. Soft top IMO looks better, and is WAY more practical for those that like to take the top down.