6.1 LJR Build

So, if I understand correctly you are using the AX15 with the hemi. Do you know what flywheel you will be using? Either the vehicle application or a oem/aftermarket part number would help a lot.

8-10 weeks. They just got it last week. They’re backed up for sure.

I guess that's good news, maybe I'll get mine sooner then, should be another 10-12 weeks from the estimate they gave me when they received it. Not quite ready to start it up yet but I'll take it when ever I can get it..

Still sitting at this stage right now waiting on some parts to come in to build a transmission cross member.

IMG_20221128_193217414.jpg

IMG_20221128_193235965_HDR.jpg

So, if I understand correctly you are using the AX15 with the hemi. Do you know what flywheel you will be using? Either the vehicle application or a oem/aftermarket part number would help a lot.

I think the Luk clutch kit will come with the flywheel. I’ll try and find out the part number.

Reactions: hardtailpan
I guess that's good news, maybe I'll get mine sooner then, should be another 10-12 weeks from the estimate they gave me when they received it. Not quite ready to start it up yet but I'll take it when ever I can get it..

Still sitting at this stage right now waiting on some parts to come in to build a transmission cross member.

View attachment 384205

View attachment 384206

Awesome man! Hopefully it’ll show up a lot sooner for both of us.

Reactions: Daubie3
Cool build. Will the shop have to modify the frame to clear the alternator? That’s the issue I’ve heard about with that version of the Gen 3.

Spoke with them today. So they use a truck accessory setup or you can shave the back side of the alternator where the bottom 2 mounts anre and use a cap head screw to seal it off. Not sure if that makes any sense to you but they just finished my exact swap yesterday on another jeep and had it tuned. That’s what they did on his and said they’ll do the same on mine. They’ve done it multiple times before as well so it works great and looks fine.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have a Banks cold air intake and Banks cat back exhaust that was on the Jeep for about 5000 miles that I’ll make someone a heck of a deal on.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have a Banks cold air intake and Banks cat back exhaust that was on the Jeep for about 5000 miles that I’ll make someone a heck of a deal on.

Put it in the For Sale section. I've sold stuff that non-members found thru searching.

Not much of an update. Still waiting on the harnesses and fuse box from Hotwire. After talking with them today it sounds like they’ve knocked a lot of their turn around time down. Hopefully only another month but not holding my breath. Parts wise, may or may not need to shorten the rear drive shaft. We’ll just have to see how it looks when they start assembly.

Reactions: SvtLdr
Not much of an update. Still waiting on the harnesses and fuse box from Hotwire. After talking with them today it sounds like they’ve knocked a lot of their turn around time down. Hopefully only another month but not holding my breath. Parts wise, may or may not need to shorten the rear drive shaft. We’ll just have to see how it looks when they start assembly.

So out of nowhere I received a notification from UPS that my harness is to be delivered today.!!
Definitely not ready to install it yet but am very happy to have it for when I am.
Hotwire turned it around about 6 weeks quicker than they quoted me.
I have done a few more things and will still try to make my own build thread.

Reactions: Wildman
So out of nowhere I received a notification from UPS that my harness is to be delivered today.!!
Definitely not ready to install it yet but am very happy to have it for when I am.
Hotwire turned it around about 6 weeks quicker than they quoted me.
I have done a few more things and will still try to make my own build thread.

Freakin awesome man! I stopped by the shop today and they were saying they sent one in about a week ago and were told 6-8 weeks so hopefully they’re getting caught up on them.

Reactions: Wildman
I've been considering whether I'll build my own harness or use hotwire. No way I could match that quality, but I just compared the pinouts for the computer between the two. They are very similar. Obviously need to add the wires for cylinder 7 and 8, and connector C1 has the most differences, but that part doesn't look too difficult. Not sure what, if any changes that need to be made to the power distribution center (ie, fusebox).

Reactions: Jamison C
I've been considering whether I'll build my own harness or use hotwire. No way I could match that quality, but I just compared the pinouts for the computer between the two. They are very similar. Obviously need to add the wires for cylinder 7 and 8, and connector C1 has the most differences, but that part doesn't look too difficult. Not sure what, if any changes that need to be made to the power distribution center (ie, fusebox).

You send them the engine harness and trans harness along with the fuse box. It comes back with everything labeled and ready to go how you see it there.

You send them the engine harness and trans harness along with the fuse box. It comes back with everything labeled and ready to go how you see it

I went with Hotwire for my current build for a 6.1 and a 8HP70. I couldn’t be more impressed with the quality and ease of install. I ordered it in September and got it in November, 4 weeks ahead of est.

Reactions: hardtailpan