6.1 LJR Build

That’s not bad at all. I had to drive over a thousand miles to get down close to $33.00 a mile…

I can see that. You've got the Monster 392 beast and I've only got the little 345 that I did the refresh on myself and was able to score a 3000 mile transmission for a VERY good price. That with all my free labor, I'm pretty happy where I ended up and what I have....

That’s not bad at all. I had to drive over a thousand miles to get down close to $33.00 a mile…

I don't even want to figure out what I've got into mine & it's no where near yours.

I can see that. You've got the Monster 392 beast and I've only got the little 345 that I did the refresh on myself and was able to score a 3000 mile transmission for a VERY good price. That with all my free labor, I'm pretty happy where I ended up and what I have....

You all have HEMI'S I've just got a little ol,Magnum.

I look forward to getting one mile. I don't want to figure the number though.

You have to be home long enough to work on it.

So in regard to SKIM. Once a SKIM module is programmed to a PCM, it can never work with any other type of PCM again. So if your SKIM module originally worked with your Jeep PCM, no amount of programming is going to make it work with the Hemi PCM. It’s good for your Jeep PCM and Jeep PCM only.

The other issue is now that you’ve tried to start your Jeep with the module still plugged in, the Hemi PCM now knows there is a SKIM module present and won’t start until the problem is resolved, even if you unplug the module. You’ll have to get it turned back off in the PCM, and disconnect the present SKIM module for it to work properly. Or buy a new SKIM module and keys and get it programmed to your Hemi PCM.

That’s all assuming I’m reading the issue here correctly.

FREAKIN SKIM!!! So they’ve been back and forth with Hotwire this morning trying to figure out what’s going on with it and unfortunately it isn’t something that can be done over email. So they’ll have to pull the computer and send it back to them. Hopefully middle of next week we’ll be back in the same spot we’re in now and starting it up.

What year HEMI ECM do you you have? Is it from a truck? Did you supply it or did you buy it from Hotwire?
Not that any of that makes a difference, I'm just curious.

Not sure what it’s from. Bought it from Hotwire.

I don't know much about SKIM to know if the donor ECM also has to have SKIM or not. I used the one that came with my engine. I can't remember if Chris asked me if the Jeep had SKIM (grey key head cover) or not, since it's been a while now.. I'm sure something will get figured out..
I can completely understand your frustration.

I don't know much about SKIM to know if the donor ECM also has to have SKIM or not. I used the one that came with my engine. I can't remember if Chris asked me if the Jeep had SKIM (grey key head cover) or not, since it's been a while now.. I'm sure something will get figured out..
I can completely understand your frustration.

Yeah. Not sure on that end. Just let Tom’s handle that stuff.

Reactions: Daubie3
So YouTube and it's infinite wisdom suggested that I watch this video last night..... Issues on how to deal with SKIMM being on the ECM.
Not that this will help you in any way at all, I just found it was very interesting and thought I would share it.

Reactions: Gassiper
So UPS screwed us up a little. Shipping the computer back to Hotwires was supposed to be 2 day shipping. Shipped it out Friday so they’d get it today, update to take care of SKIM and turn it around same day. So in a perfect world we’d see it Wednesday. It didn’t leave Tennessee till today so hopefully it’ll be to them and back by the end of the week. Just in time for me to head out of town😡. O well. We’ll see it when it gets back.

• Sad
Reactions: Daubie3 and Wildman
She’s alive! ECU came back in this morning and it was running minutes later. The ticking noise is the inspection plate making contact with the starter so we will get that fixed tomorrow and hopefully should have it on the dyno Wednesday to get everything cleaned up. They really haven’t had time to let everything run and get up to operating temperature but we do know that reverse in first gear work so that’s a positive. Will get it out tomorrow and take it around the block to make sure everything is good before a few dyno hits. It is quite a bit louder than I thought it was going to be so I’ll have to quiet it down eventually. I’ll post some driving videos tomorrow and when we make it to the dyno.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.MOV
    32.7 MB
She’s alive! ECU came back in this morning and it was running minutes later. The ticking noise is the inspection plate making contact with the starter so we will get that fixed tomorrow and hopefully should have it on the dyno Wednesday to get everything cleaned up. They really haven’t had time to let everything run and get up to operating temperature but we do know that reverse in first gear work so that’s a positive. Will get it out tomorrow and take it around the block to make sure everything is good before a few dyno hits. It is quite a bit louder than I thought it was going to be so I’ll have to quiet it down eventually. I’ll post some driving videos tomorrow and when we make it to the dyno.

Awesome...
I know that feeling when it starts up and stays running.!!!!
It'll be worth the wait for sure..

Oh yeah, as far as the loudness, don't worry it'll get much louder when you drive it and can't stay off the juice pedal..🙂🙂🙂
And... You'll need to practice speed shifting, something you never had to worry about before with the 4.0L.

Oh yeah, as far as the loudness, don't worry it'll get much louder when you drive it and can't stay off the juice pedal..🙂🙂🙂
And... You'll need to practice speed shifting, something you never had to worry about before with the 4.0L.

I’m not gonna mind it at all, but every morning I know my wife will be thrilled when I start it in the garage and head out for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Daubie3 and Wildman