A comparison of building for 33s and 35s

For everyone following this it should be clear that this isn't about a "budget" build. As I said earlier, this is for those that want the best built rig, short of custom work. I've never ridden in or with a cheaply built rig that performs well. Some of this is selfish, because I'm tired of wheeling for 30 minutes, then spending 1 - 2 hours fixing someone's poorly built problem. This happens to me every time I go out with someone new (not part of the normal group) that wants to tag along.

Only fools don't take advantage of most bang for your buck mod that is a body lift. There is really no other way to say that with any accuracy.
I’d love to make a list of the cool guy shit that has a body lift for a prerequisite. Nothing about my Jeep would be the same without it.

If the front brake hoses stretch but don't snap at full shock extension, do we leave it alone for fear of scope creep? Yes? Ok.

Might as well add u-bolt bracket for securing the battery to the battery box.

Oh snap.... what about the gm gas hose extension mod?

Oh wait.... need to inspect hubs and bearings.... cuz you know, old jeeps and such. Dont forget your zerks..

Just one more.... drill drain holes in frame for protection against rust.

And most importantly, check your front drive shaft.

All needed to be trail worthy? YES!

Need to be added to a list that outlines 33 & 35 requirements for preformance and protection? (This is where scope creep comes in)

Imo NO. Ultimately OPs decision.

Last edited:

Oh wait.... need to inspect hubs and bearings.... cuz you know, old jeeps and such. Dont forget your zergs.

Need to be added to a list that outlines 33 & 35 requirements for preformance and protection? (This is where scope creep comes in)

Zerks

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho

Oh wait.... need to inspect hubs and bearings.... cuz you know, old jeeps and such. Dont forget your zergs.

There’s a pretty collective agreement about what this threads purpose is. If you don’t like it then go away

Oh wait.... need to inspect hubs and bearings.... cuz you know, old jeeps and such. Dont forget your zerks..

I don't know what the GM gas hose extension mod is. Did you make that one up?

It's a matter of optimal performance. We try to not use the drive shafts as a sliding surface the way we can with control arms. But we do like the drive shaft to last a long time, which means appropriate spline engagement following a spring lift.

I hate you now. I had to log out to see which fuckwit you were replying to. Little did I know that I would discover a fucking herd of them. Is it a prerequisite to own a Jeep that you fully lack any reading comprehension whatsoever?

Has to be the teacher. You know, those who can, do, those who can't, teach.

Sancho needs to teach us about the GM gas hose extension mod. I think I know what he thinks it is. Which means he hasn't caught up on how dumb the original non-fix was.

Reactions: psrivats
Is he talking to himself again? 🤣

I briefly thought it was him being normal, you know, some reasonable thought with extended bouts of incoherency but then it got to be so much that I had to check. Now I hate him and myself for checking. There's a reason I have those fuckwits blocked and I don't need to see why all over again with more shining examples of how to be a fuckwit.

Just a soft pitch here. Guys hear me out.. should we add the sticker mod?

74C8B470-F0D8-4AA8-8D66-4491D08AEB3F.jpeg

Last edited: