A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

The rest of the electrical is done. Had to tie into a battery constant for the transmission temperature guage and wire up the rest. All done now. I'll need to tie into the headlight circuit, for the guage dimmer, but that will be a future project!

20210613_094423.jpg

20210613_111549.jpg

20210613_112131.jpg

Got the driveshafts installed and finished all the wireloom installation and tidying up on the bottom side. Took the Jeep out for a short spin in the neighborhood.

20210613_171249.jpg

20210613_171337.jpg

20210613_171632.jpg

20210613_171455.jpg

20210613_171434.jpg

The rear sits a little higher than I would like and there is a very slight vibration. The rear is currently set at about 16.5 degrees and the driveshaft looks like 21 degrees. I'm going to have to make some adjustments!

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
What did you think of the Black Max shocks?
I've had Stock, Zone, BDS, Bilstein (4600 & 5100), OME, and now the Black Max. Although I don't have any significant use yet on the Black Max, I'd be comfortable saying that they are a fantastic value. For less than $200 I got a well made shock that does exactly what they're supposed to do. They control the movement of the springs and suspension, without any weird side effects. The ride is soft, but not so soft that you notice a big difference.

For example, when going from a stock front swaybar to a Currie Antirock I could immediately feel the difference, and it was a little unsettling, at first. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just immediately noticeable. There is none of that type feeling with these shocks. Overall, I'm very pleased with the choice, but will come back with more feedback as I get additional seat time!

Reactions: Irun
Why the hell didn't I think of this! :geek:

As the saying goes, "If it was a snake it would have bit you!" 🐍
Haha! The simplest solutions are always so elusive! Loving the build man. This thing is just too damn clean. You may have posted this already but did you figure out if you can flip your ZJ tie rod or not?

Reactions: Irun
Haha! The simplest solutions are always so elusive! Loving the build man. This thing is just too damn clean. You may have posted this already but did you figure out if you can flip your ZJ tie rod or not?
I was told I could. Blaine said he would do the insert for me, so I have a spare knuckle boxed up to ship to him. Unfortunately, I've been overwhelmed with personal stuff and haven't taken it to the post office yet. I need to get this done though! :(

Reactions: DrDmoney
Picked up the last major interior part, a rear seat. It belonged to a local club member, who takes care of his stuff. In anticipation of finding a seat, I had already ordered and received a Bartact rear seat cover. To match the two tone factory front seat previously acquired, I went with black and gray. The covers still need to be tweaked, to get the lines matched up, but this is a decent first try.

20210617_171011.jpg

20210617_192925.jpg

20210617_201341.jpg

20210617_201422.jpg

Last edited:
Also, officially put the Jeep on the road for the first time. Tomorrow I'll get to take it out for a longer shake down drive and see what pops up. I was able to tweak the rear a little more, raising the pinion angle slightly. I did not however get a chance to test drive it.

Also, officially put the Jeep on the road for the first time. Tomorrow I'll get to take it out for a longer shake down drive and see what pops up. I was able to tweak the rear a little more, raising the pinion angle slightly. I did not however get a chance to test drive it.
Pins and needles….