A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

I’m sure my reputation suffers for saying I like anything MC, but I distinctly remember really getting into building my Jeep bc I saw a Jeep with MC fenders with 35’s and I thought it looked awesome. Kinda childish maybe, but hey, it got me interested and here I am. I still like the look of them. Yours is perfect. I’m a bit sad to see it go. BTW, I will give you a call next week.

I’m sure my reputation suffers for saying I like anything MC, but I distinctly remember really getting into building my Jeep bc I saw a Jeep with MC fenders with 35’s and I thought it looked awesome. Kinda childish maybe, but hey, it got me interested and here I am. I still like the look of them. Yours is perfect. I’m a bit sad to see it go. BTW, I will give you a call next week.
I'm with ya, Jeremy. I like the look of the MC fenders.

I'm with ya, Jeremy. I like the look of the MC fenders.
I've run these fenders for 8+ years and know the benefits and limitations well. Although they would not be suited well for a rocky only environment, they shine in the woods. I've said repeatedly that they have proven themselves in the tight woods I normally travel. They have bounced off more trees than I care to think about, not intentionally, and the Jeep has sustained zero body damage as a result of having them. That said, I too like the way they look. I have mixed emotions even considering letting it go. The Jeep does everything I want, and more! :cautious:

nsH1cVu.jpg

I've run these fenders for 8+ years and know the benefits and limitations well. Although they would not be suited well for a rocky only environment, they shine in the woods. I've said repeatedly that they have proven themselves in the tight woods I normally travel. They have bounced off more trees than I care to think about, not intentionally, and the Jeep has sustained zero body damage as a result of having them. That said, I too like the way they look. I have mixed emotions even considering letting it go. The Jeep does everything I want, and more! :cautious:

View attachment 280843

Well I'll carry on the M/C fender look for us. I couldn't see trying to run 6"+ wide flares unless I could remove them for the tight trails I run. But I also wanted a flare that would cover most of my tire.

So add me to the M/C like column.

View attachment 280843
The fenders do work well for tree sliding I can attest to that also. However, the rear fenders need a continued rail that runs to back corner otherwise as you slide forward off the rear fender the tree smashes into your top and or body. I added the savvy rub rail plus MC Rear fender and it's a great combo.

Also, the 6-pack shocks are an abomination!

Reactions: TJosh02 and JMT
Well I’m running smittybuilt armor so I’m definitely in the wrong camp, but they do hold up to getting bounced off trees as well.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
The fenders do work well for tree sliding I can attest to that also. However, the rear fenders need a continued rail that runs to back corner otherwise as you slide forward off the rear fender the tree smashes into your top and or body. I added the savvy rub rail plus MC Rear fender and it's a great combo.

Also, the 6-pack shocks are an abomination!
I do get a little concerned when I think of coming to the W side of WA to wheel in tight corners. My MCE’s would just fold over.

I've been a tad bit obsessed with monitoring weight on this one, kept a spreadsheet of numbers, and have gained some knowledge as a result of tracking it. After doing so, I fully understand why @mrblaine started designing aluminum into his solutions. The benefits become apparent pretty quickly. In my case, I can no longer say I don't know!

I'll make sure to scale mine when it's done and running again. I am sure it'll still be in the 5K lb range but will be interesting to see where it's at.

Reactions: Irun
I do get a little concerned when I think of coming to the W side of WA to wheel in tight corners. My MCE’s would just fold over.

But that was where they developed at isn't it? Do you have any armor?

Sliders would be good too. But you'll be OK.

Reactions: DrDmoney
My Jeep came from the PNW, where it was wheeled, even Moab. (my father). Here in Ontario unless there has been a major dry spell (only a couple of weeks per year) the granite rock faces that define our trails are super slick and can't be crawled. They are give er or it isn't being gotten.

With my manual that usually requires 2nd or even 3rd. 4.56 gears.

Reactions: JMT
But that was where they developed at isn't it? Do you have any armor?

Sliders would be good too. But you'll be OK.
I've got 1) Sliders, 2) Savvy MUA (but not the engine skid), 3) Savvy Tailgate Armor, 4) Savvy Gas Tank Skid; 4) RockHard 4x4 Diff Helmets for both Dana 30 and 44 (and the one you gave me for the Dana 44 if I can get it to clear the Savvy GTS).

No side armor or rub rail.

Yeah, the MCE will fold over and that's theoretically okay. They can rub on the paint and scratch it to hell if they get really moved.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
Reactions: Wildman