Air Compressor Advice

These seem to make all the difference. You can see the in and out speed. I was hooked to my shop air but you get the idea.

This puppy was an animal but pricey. Had it on my CJ:

6bd034-1b01-405c-8ebe-45a9cf137ef1_zpslmt5d7t3-jpg.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I have a Viair 400H hard mounted in my LJ , which replaced a Viair 400P that I moved from vehicle to vehicle as needed.

See:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-simple-onboard-air-for-your-tj-viair-400h.10235/

The previous owner of my recently acquired Sprinter Class B motorhome installed an ExtremeAire. It is very fast for a 12v 100% duty cycle compressor. [4.0 CFM @ 0 psi; 2.3 CFM @ 50 psi; 1.6 CFM @ 100 psi compared to 2.3 CFM @ 0 psi, 1.64 CFM @ 50 psi and 1.19 CFM @ 100 psi for the Viair 400 series]

On Board Air.jpg

Reactions: WSS
I ran a Viair 380c on the shelf under the brake vac canister for a few years worked fine. I upped the ante a bit and installed a pair Viair 485c's w/ an aluminum 3 Gal Tank. I can air up my 35's in 4 minutes from 12 to 25 psi. I could not get myself to breakdown and get the dual ARB compressor for what they wanted.

I ran a Viair 380c on the shelf under the brake vac canister for a few years worked fine. I upped the ante a bit and installed a pair Viair 485c's w/ an aluminum 3 Gal Tank. I can air up my 35's in 4 minutes from 12 to 25 psi. I could not get myself to breakdown and get the dual ARB compressor for what they wanted.

Sounds like a nice set up. Curious where you fit the tank? Can you send pics of your installation?

Hello,

I would like to ask some questions about air compressors. My main goal is to fill up my tires after my off road rides.

How can I calculate how long do my tires need to be inflated?

Some examples that I found:

ARB High Output 12V - 3.08 CFM @ 0 PSI - 2.34 CFM @ 29 PSI
T-MAX AIR COMPRESSOR - 5.6 CFM
VIAIR 88P - 1.47 CFM @ 0 PSI - 1.25 CFM @ 30 PSI
VIAIR 400P - 2.30 CFM @ 0 PSI - 1.86 CFM @ 30 PSI

Does that mean that the TMAX is faster than the ARB air compressor? or is there anything else that I have to be aware of?

6813DFE3-9E58-4E23-A1F6-2DA0D5D3460A.jpeg

https://www.tirerack.com/accessories/intercomp-4-deluxe-air-pressure-gauge

Sounds like a nice set up. Curious where you fit the tank? Can you send pics of your installation?

Mine is basically in the same place as the others have shown. A little 3 gal aluminum tank from AVS in Fresno. It's never been hit either.
I've attached a diagram of my system also.

20230507_180948_resized.jpg

aircompressor2.jpg

OBA-system 1.jpg

Attachments

• OBA-system 1.pdf
    242.6 KB · Views: 76
The Tozalazz guys state this on their website: "11.65CFM, 330L/Min at 0 PSI, 7 CFM at 30 psi."

Impressive, if true.

Call me a sceptic, but I get suspicious when the cost per claimed unit of output is considerably less than the cost per unit of output of other 12v compressors in the marketplace, also when the claimed cubic feet per minute of an obscure brand is so much greater than any other 12v compressor.

When a product is made from Chinesium I am seldom surprised when the marketing materials turn out to be fanciful fairy tales if not outright misrepresentations.

Reactions: Byhumba