Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

This has probably been done already by someone but if you are cutting the bottom off flush the piece you remove will fit nearly perfect with some minor adjustments on the top. Just flip it to the top and cap it.

49549911-49AE-4776-838E-DD61C1FF4A6B.jpeg

This has probably been done already by someone but if you are cutting the bottom off flush the piece you remove will fit nearly perfect with some minor adjustments on the top. Just flip it to the top and cap it.

View attachment 233537
Well.... I definitely feel like an idiot now.

You and me BOTH... We were making it harder than it is.
Such is life. Sometimes it's hard to see the simple solutions when your mind is fixated on a different path. That's another great aspect of this forum, it enables you to get other ideas and perspectives you otherwise wouldn't consider.

i'll be the other side i guess.

moving the bottom up is a lot of patching and grinding to make it purdy. caps on top and bottom. and those rounded edges butted together.
it's about the finish you want, and whats easier to get you there. if you gotta get flat bar why not a scrap drop of tube also.

do you want it almost invisible or just good? not saying you can't do that into invisible . but that's a lot of work that way.

Reactions: J R
Moving the cap from the bottom will not work. Or, atleast not in a pretty way like @someguysjeep just said.

It is a great template for the new piece though.

20210312_174928.jpg

Tack then welded the bottom piece. I only went about an inch or so up on the vertical as you can tell by the gap before the grinded tack.

20210312_181058.jpg
20210312_184433.jpg
20210312_184441.jpg

One down one to go.

Last edited:
Moving the cap from the bottom will not work. Or, atleast not in a pretty way like @someguysjeep just said.

It is a great template for the new piece though.

View attachment 233632
Tack then welded the bottom piece. I only went about an inch or so up on the vertical as you can tell by the gap before the grinded tack.

View attachment 233633View attachment 233634View attachment 233635
One down one to go.
A template is a win, better than trial and error I guess. We all learned something!