Anybody up for a random meme dump?

Reminds me of a friend in high school who had a stadium PA on his truck… started blasting that song at the car in front of him one morning
I had a high school friend like that also. Big train nut. Locomotive horn facing forward, and locomotive headlite facing back! People got out of his way and nobody tailgated him for long. He also got himself killed in a car wreck a couple of years later, so there's that.

My biggest frustration is people who just won't get the Hell out of their own way! I'm not talking about speeding either - I drive the speed limit and am not particularly fond of those who do not, but will generally take speeders over slowpokes as the former are "usually" paying attention.

FFS, get moving, learn how to turn right on red, learn how to turn right when you have your own fucking lane to turn into and quit stopping. I'm convinced that more accidents are caused by brake pedals than were ever caused by gas pedals. And when you have the right of way, TAKE IT - don't waste everybody's time by "being nice". You don't have to wait until the road is completely clear to the town 20 miles down the road before going either.

With all that said, I'll take Florida drivers over the idiots in California any time! About the only thing Florida drivers consistently suck at is the afore mentioned right turn into their own lane - about half of them needlessly stop for nothing, didn't see that much in Cali. I always have one foot poised above the brake and one hand poised above the horn when following someone into that situation - and I'm not the only one! Left turns at lights without a dedicated left signal aren't the greatest in Fla either, but that's due to a difference in the applicable laws.
Oh I hear you there… there is an on-ramp to the highway right down the road from my house. I see wrecks all the time from people stopping at the on-ramp entrance when turning right, when they have their own lane to go to!

I may or may have not gotten fed up by it/avoided a wreck once by simply going around someone at that spot before…

I may or may have not gotten fed up by it/avoided a wreck once by simply going around someone at that spot before…
If/when its an option.

Not a right turn situation - BUT there was a horrid left turn onto a 2 lane highway that I had to make every day coming home from work. Point 1: People wouldn't GET OUT THERE into the middle lane area, but would wait for traffic to clear both ways - OR Point 2: They would get into the middle lane - which was really only big enough for 1 car, and block the (now) front car's rearward view as the road had a slight bend behind to the right. That happened to me EXACTLY once, then I started not pulling up the 20 feet or so after getting out there - I'd stay right at the "back end" of the area so I could see. Had a couple of idiots still pull behind me and then blow their horn because there was no room for them. "Sorry, YOU should have seen there was no room and you made an unsafe maneuver regardless. Now I can't see jack shit so I'm not going. Its on you pal."

IF I CAN'T SEE, I DON'T GO.

Yep, plus you get 65+ year old people buying these big rigs. Not saying you can't drive one at that age since I'm close to it but there are a lot of reasons if you've never driven anything larger than pickup it's a good idea to get some training.
Yep had a neighbor that just retired from teaching and went out and bought an RV. Turning out of the dealership he turned too tight and wiped out the entire passenger side against a utility pole..went right to the body shop. He bought it so he could visit his kids and not have to stay in a hotel. Turns out every kid lived on a block not big enough to fit the RV. It just sat in the driveway for years and after he died the kids had a hard time selling it, probably had less than a 1000 miles on it.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
5E753993-09DB-485B-8EDE-B0BC81732D9C.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DWR and Wildman
My biggest gripe is with tailgaters. Around here they get up tight on your rear bumper, and whether I slow down or speed up they stay on my ass. I was riding my Harley when one got on my butt and I finally got to 110mph to get him off me. Another time, in my pickup, I came to a complete stop on an open road, and the tailgater stopped too. I don't know if they are on dope or just plain stupid. We have a hunting season on deer, quail, doves, etc.......why not a season on tailgaters?

My biggest gripe is with tailgaters. Around here they get up tight on your rear bumper, and whether I slow down or speed up they stay on my ass. I was riding my Harley when one got on my butt and I finally got to 110mph to get him off me. Another time, in my pickup, I came to a complete stop on an open road, and the tailgater stopped too. I don't know if they are on dope or just plain stupid. We have a hunting season on deer, quail, doves, etc.......why not a season on tailgaters?
I generally don't care about tailgaters. The more obnoxious they are, the slower I go! But I seldom have problems with them - they seem to like to drop back and admire my old Diesel Mercedes... ;)