Are all hood louvers equal?

If you ever blow a power steering or transmission line while driving, hood louvers suck.
Easier to learn about the leak though. I almost had a fire start under the hood and was able to see smoke through the slots in the louvers in time to put a stop to it.

A mouse jammed some bread in between the intake and exhaust manifold.

Aloha,

There has been some chatter about the Jeep red paint. My paint is original and the hood is showing some signs of age. Although it still shines up very well it has flaws.
Also, when I installed the aluminum hood overlay, I countersunk the holes and used quality stainless flat head screws.

IMG_6269.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

I've had this louver from a Datsun 280ZX turbo sitting in my parts bin for over 20 years. I bought it to put on my 280Z but never got around to it. Every now and then I think about doing something dumb like putting it on my LJ but I don't trust my body work skills to be able to make it look right. (which is why i never put it on my 280Z)

PXL_20220414_153418091.jpg
PXL_20220414_153427355.jpg

1650646307925.png

Reactions: DrDmoney and Zorba
I've had this louver from a Datsun 280ZX turbo sitting in my parts bin for over 20 years. I bought it to put on my 280Z but never got around to it. Every now and then I think about doing something dumb like putting it on my LJ but I don't trust my body work skills to be able to make it look right. (which is why i never put it on my 280Z)

View attachment 324706View attachment 324707

View attachment 324708

I bet it would look great on a TJ though… There seems to be a lack of skilled paint and body work these days, at least around here. Anyone that can do that kind of work charges like they are building it for the Barret Jackson or something, but i guess that’s “supply and demand”

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I bet it would look great on a TJ though… There seems to be a lack of skilled paint and body work these days, at least around here. Anyone that can do that kind of work charges like they are building it for the Barret Jackson or something, but i guess that’s “supply and demand”

honestly my mindset is so against hiring people to work on my stuff that the thought of paying someone to do it hadn't even occurred to me :ROFLMAO:

I might actually do that, haha. Once my Jeep fund recovers from this transmission swap and some half doors.

honestly my mindset is so against hiring people to work on my stuff that the thought of paying someone to do it hadn't even occurred to me :ROFLMAO:

I might actually do that, haha. Once my Jeep fund recovers from this transmission swap and some half doors.
Weirdly I somehow read your comment like you were trying to find/pay someone to do it lol… Body work is certainly one thing I don’t trust myself to do

Reactions: freedom_in_4low