Baby steps build

Do you know what that spring rate is?

It’s 200 for the front and 158 in the rear. I’ll need to double check for sure.
EDIT: I actually have this backwards. 200 rear 158 front. That may have sealed the deal for 2 inch if that means that they will most likely ride a bit higher right???? The 3” springs could bring my vibes and clank back and I definitely don’t want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s 200 for the front and 158 in the rear. I’ll need to double check for sure.
EDIT: I actually have this backwards. 200 rear 158 front. That may have sealed the deal for 2 inch if that means that they will most likely ride a bit higher right???? The 3” springs could bring my vibes and clank back and I definitely don’t want that.

As a reference, OME's HD rear springs are 160 in.lbs., so 200 might put your there, but might also make for stiffer ride, unless you plan on adding some weight back there.

As a reference, OME's HD rear springs are 160 in.lbs., so 200 might put your there, but might also make for stiffer ride, unless you plan on adding some weight back there.

2” BDS front = 18.50 rate 158
2” BDS rear = 12.75” rate 200
3” lengths are 1” more and same rates.

@dla what made you decide to run 2” springs in the back? Did you inquire about it or just decide on your own to take a chance?

I originally had 2” front and rear... did not like the rake so changed out the fronts for the 3” springs. Quite a few on JF are running 2”/3”.

Regarding the spring rate.. and never having anything else to compare them too, I don’t think these are too stiff. They have been on the Jeep for over 6 years and I have no complaints and love the way it rides.

Regarding the spring rate.. and never having anything else to compare them too, I don’t think these are too siff. They have been on the Jeep for over 6 years and I have no complaints.

Nice. Thanks for your help. I’m leaning towards the 2” rear set up.

Hmmm. What are your thoughts about that rear spring rate?

I think I better get that spare back on there and load her up with tools and trail gear if it’s too steep. I think once I switch out these Pro Comps back there I’ll be happy with anything but I am considering the RS9000s now tho.

Here's the rear springs at ride height... nearly 11" spring perch to spring perch.

Stock would be eight inches. For comparison, you could measure from perch to perch including your spacers and see where you are now.

rearspringrideheight.jpg

Here's the rear springs at ride height... nearly 11" spring perch to spring perch.

Stock would be eight inches. For comparison, you could measure from perch to perch including your spacers and see where you are now.

View attachment 30546

I’ll have to check. That definitely helps me. I’ll check and post it. Are they pretty stiff and rough ?

Again, have never considered the ride stiff or rough. I have always thought that it rides really nice and smooth... way better than when it was stock.

Again, have never considered the ride stiff or rough. I have always thought that it rides really nice and smooth... way better than when it was stock.

That’s right, sorry. Haha I’m telling you all that my memory is leaving me. I appreciate your help once again. JR took the Jeep tonight so I’ll measure when he gets back.

No worries... happy to help!

Now I just hope you don’t order the 2” springs and regret it.

No worries... happy to help!

Now I just hope you don’t order the 2” springs and regret it.

I’ve got them on hold at a local shop. I was supposed to pick them up today but I’m still contemplating. They will be permanent so o need to think this through thoroughly.

View attachment 30036well here is the big reveal! BDS it is. Not breaking the bank and somewhat proven coils. They are 3” and have a lifetime warranty. Found them locally while talking to a fellow Jeeper. Waiting on jounce bumpers and bump stop cups. AND SO IT BEGINS. Also should be fine for now and if we dont enjoy them we can swap them out but I highly doubt that will happen.

I have had the BDS 3" lift kit on coming up on 2 years. I personally like it, it has improved on road ride and added to the off road fun. I currently run 32x11.5 BFG KOs and could easily run 33". 35" might get a bit tight and loss some articulation when off road. Nice looking ride.

I have had the BDS 3" lift kit on coming up on 2 years. I personally like it, it has improved on road ride and added to the off road fun. I currently run 32x11.5 BFG KOs and could easily run 33". 35" might get a bit tight and loss some articulation when off road. Nice looking ride.

That’s good to hear! I should have it fully done on Saturday. Thanks!

e11a44b4a27c61ea690074457821a5d0.jpg
boring evening so I pulled out the quick release mirrors X-mas gift and threw em on and off again.
ee7be189cdcf9bd8e79062a231c24739.jpg
This cheap-o Smittybilt Torx ratchet kit inspired me to try and crack the bracket bolts again. I failed the first time with an extra long leverage killing ratchet and small torx bit set up. This here is why it’s called “Baby Steps”. 1 little thing at a time.
Highly recommend the Torx set for 20 bucks

Reactions: derekmac