Best Generation of Wrangler?

I’ve had a ‘90, a ‘92, and a ‘16. Now an ‘01. I loved my YJs, but the TJ rides much better with the coils. The JKU was massive in comparison. And it didn’t have the feel of what I wanted out of a Wrangler. It was like putting a caveman in a tuxedo.

Wish I had a picture of mine, factory half cab, 5 speed A/C and heat that actually worked!!!!! Of course with the half cab there wasn't much space to heat and cool 🤣 🤣🤣

Tuff Country 4" springs and 2" extended shackles. 35 12.50 15 tires.

Here's a picture of my 82' with my youngest in it. He was my little copilot for the better part of 10 years that I owned it since he was born.

14893-4.jpeg

I love both my Jeeps equally. Both are very capable offroad. The JT rides like a Cadillac on the road compared to the TJ, but the fit and feel of the TJ is a little nicer around town, and offroad. The JT can haul, the TJ cannot. Both we have owned since new... JT has been my DD, but I will be reconditioning the TJ a little in the next month or 2 to use it more as the DD

Reactions: DavidBT
My TJ has been minimized as much as possible to make it look like an older Wrangler. If I could somehow get the minimalist YJ interior. Perfect.

Reactions: Zorba
I see brand new Wranglers all around me here in Sarasota. I think every mom that moves here needs to have a Jeep to show off , ducks and all the stuff arranged across the dashboard. I only consider real jeeps the TJ's. Lots of people probably disagree with that opinion, but I never really was into Jeeps so I have to go by what I have seen my whole life as a fifty eight year old guy....I love my 99 2.5 green farm jeep. It;s just what a Jeep is suppoised to be with it's loin cloth draped across the top.

Reactions: Zorba
I too have the good fortune of having both a new Jeep — mine is a 2019 JLUR that is almost fully optioned --and my new-to-me 2003 TJ.

I really, really enjoy my JLUR and it serves duty in my family as my DD, a grocery-getter, a secondary kid-hauler, and a weekend adventure rig that's laughs at the mundane things our family has asked it to do. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off, or rather, until the electronics give out because we all know the Achilles heel of these newer Jeeps tends to be that. I've learned to perform basic vehicle maintenance on my JL and I've really enjoyed that aspect of owning it but there's only so many bolts to check and fittings to grease on a new Jeep...

And of course now that I have 3 months worth of blood, sweat and tears into my TJ build it's quite clear to my family and friends that I'm a complete goner. That is to say, while I really, really, adore my JLUR, I am absolutely head-over-heels, can't stop thinking about her, staring at her from across a crowded parking lot, waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat in love with my 2003 TJ. It's the Jeep I always wanted not only for its aesthetic but for the fact that it offers a driving experience unlike any other vehicle. Rowing gears down a backroad in the 4.0 with the top down and the half doors on is for me just pure heaven. While it may not be as easy to DD as a JL/JLU what it offers in terms of pure fun simply cannot be discounted.

If I can in anyway help it, I'll never be without a TJ.

It’s probably been talked about on here but my Jeep has been in the shop for over a week getting some mods installed and Im bored. With the JL’s having been out for a while now, there are plenty of new and old Jeeps on the road today. And was wondering…

(obviously the TJ is the best) But what’s everyone’s opinion on the generation of Jeep? Im probably like most people but I seem to like every other.

CJ’s are classics and great. (I know it’s not a Wrangler) I could care less for YJ’s (I don’t mind their interior) TJ’s are the GOAT. JK’s suck. Especially the 07-11. However, later models are fine with the 3.6. And I actually like the JL’s. And Gladiators for that matter. Not as much as the Wrangler but my father in-law has one. I’ve driven it a bunch and I’m impressed. Like I said. I like every other generation and after driving the JL model I could see myself driving one.

Anyway, I was curious to see what you other TJ Enthusiasts had to say about Wrangler Generations.

This is like asking a parent who is their favorite child lol. I love JEEPS! PERIOD! So if you like the JK or TJ or CJ, awesome! Love what you love, don't hate on others and keep smiling.

Reactions: DavidBT