Bumper Trim End Ideas?

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
It looks like this bumper has holes for attaching some kind of trim pieces on each end. Is that correct? Is there such a thing? If so, what would you recommend? Or should I just leave it simple like this?

full front bumper.jpg

The back bumper is just stock:

Rear bumper.jpg

Rear bumper.jpg

The front bumper originally had the same "milk jugs" as the back bumper. I don't like them on the front personally. I have plastic caps on my front bumper that makes it look like it's closed off and made that way, as I didn't like the open look when I removed the milk jugs.

Kind of like these, but mine were cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GG7FMV2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I think the bumper looks best without the extra pieces. These parts are commonly taken off and often referred to as the "milk jugs" because of their shape. Here's a look at the front of a TJ (not mine) without and with them:

1572639711042.png

If you don't like the ends of the front bumper open without the jugs, you can buy end caps for pretty cheap:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12106_400.htm
1572639861685.png

Reactions: Fonz54 and WLDRIDE
I think the bumper looks best without the extra pieces. These parts are commonly taken off and often referred to as the "milk jugs" because of their shape. Here's a look at the front of a TJ (not mine) without and with them:

View attachment 122857

If you don't like the ends of the front bumper open without the jugs, you can buy end caps for pretty cheap:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12106_400.htm
View attachment 122858
I like that look with just the end caps. What can I use on the back bumper in place of those end pieces back there?

I ran with the jugs on the rear until I got a new bumper. Still have the jugs if anybody wants them. All the screws came out easy. So the nutserts are all good. FREE! Just pay shipping. The front already had a stubby stinger bumper when I got the Jeep. That already found a new home.
But seriously if you want those rear milk jugs they are yours. Actually the whole stock rear bumper can go. Let me know if you are interested.

I left my rear milk jugs, as it just didn't look right to me with a stubby rear bumper, but I use something very similar for the front, and have had them for probably 10 years.

Same here. I didn't like the front milk jugs so I bought the little end caps. The rear just looks more complete with the jugs there. They don't look weird to me. I'm happy with this set up, for now..... LOL

Just took off mine recently as my rear bar is still stock and unsure about the rear/tyre combo to go with. Milk jugs. Makes sense haha.

It also freed up my spare due to the increased clearance between the bar and the bottom of the tyre (32x11.50), allowing me to use it for a bit longer. In Australia, the number plate is affixed there from factory. The factory centre stop light just makes it over the tyre. Just.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
I ran with the jugs on the rear until I got a new bumper. Still have the jugs if anybody wants them. All the screws came out easy. So the nutserts are all good. FREE! Just pay shipping. The front already had a stubby stinger bumper when I got the Jeep. That already found a new home.
But seriously if you want those rear milk jugs they are yours. Actually the whole stock rear bumper can go. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Goatman, I just damaged my rear bumper trim (by which I mean the plastic bit on the middle of the bumper that comprises two protruding boxes with little reflectors, either side of the reg plate holder). Bumper also bent. So would love to get hold of yours if it is the same. I have a 1999 TJ. Can you send me a private message with contact details please?

Much appreciated,
Joel