Can't decide on suspension: Savvy mid-arm vs. Savvy short-arm vs. Clayton long arm

I agree best to do it all at once but I know my budget won’t support that for final product I want. Especially as for someone with no fabrication or welding skills like me the mid-arm will add a lot in labor costs on top of difference in kit cost. So something I’ve considered is going short arm for now and then upgrading to mid-arm later. As Iooks like the adjustable short arms sell well, can recoup a little money that way when do go to mid arms.

Companies like artec make reasonably priced trusses for your axles. You would of course need to confirm but to me they look like would provide mounting surfaces needed for mid-arms.

Savvy website has option where you can customize kit somewhat and includes no antirock option so bet they would work with you build exactly what need.

Companies like artec make reasonably priced trusses for your axles. You would of course need to confirm but to me they look like would provide mounting surfaces needed for mid-arms.

If the mid arm is in the realistic future, you don't want to be adding another company's truss. Even if longer arms isn't the plan, think hard on why you want trusses on stock axles.

If the mid arm is in the realistic future, you don't want to be adding another company's truss. Even if longer arms isn't the plan, think hard on why you want trusses on stock axles.

For me trusses are only planned when I do the mid-arm and that will be at same time as axle swap. Until then plan to run short arm but add all armor maybe tummy tuck etc.

OP mentioned HP44 and 9” so isn’t trussing stock axles either.

ok, tried calling on my lunch break but ran out of time so i'll give it another shot tomorrow. the vision is coming together

Build thread and photos as does please. Sounds very similar to my thoughts so would love to see it develop.

Staying full width for axles?
i would feel bad starting a build thread this early as so far i just have parts i've collected over the past few years and progress is still a ways out. The axles are actually both at 65" as that is just how things worked out when i built the 44 first with the chromo tj inner shafts and 3/4 ton outers then ordered the 9" to match.

@BuildBreakRepeat thats good to know if i cant get them on the line tomorrow i'll send an e-mail. i personally prefer talking vs typing

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
i would feel bad starting a build thread this early as so far i just have parts i've collected over the past few years and progress is still a ways out. The axles are actually both at 65" as that is just how things worked out when i built the 44 first with the chromo tj inner shafts and 3/4 ton outers then ordered the 9" to match.

@BuildBreakRepeat thats good to know if i cant get them on the line tomorrow i'll send an e-mail. i personally prefer talking vs typing
Same here - but I know with just finishing up winning the 4500 class at king of hammers they are swamped with back work. I can give you any specs you might want on the mid arm if needed.

Same here - but I know with just finishing up winning the 4500 class at king of hammers they are swamped with back work. I can give you any specs you might want on the mid arm if needed.
honestly i havent seen a ton of tech on that kit just a lot of opinions. The reason it made the top 3 list is based on the fact that the three kits listed all seemed to have the best reviews as far as overall build quality. If you wouldnt mind throwing down a bit of tech that i can go research and try to interpret that would be amazing.

i would feel bad starting a build thread this early as so far i just have parts i've collected over the past few years and progress is still a ways out.

Makes sense. I’m actually earlier in process than you as am jeep shopping. But having long term plans has helped me know that I want LJ so stretch isn’t immediate need to get to 37s. I figure it will take 2 - 3 years to get to point you are.

Makes sense. I’m actually earlier in process than you as am jeep shopping. But having long term plans has helped me know that I want LJ so stretch isn’t immediate need to get to 37s. I figure it will take 2 - 3 years to get to point you are.
dude i'm 3 years in already just affording the parts so i wish you the best of luck

honestly i havent seen a ton of tech on that kit just a lot of opinions. The reason it made the top 3 list is based on the fact that the three kits listed all seemed to have the best reviews as far as overall build quality. If you wouldnt mind throwing down a bit of tech that i can go research and try to interpret that would be amazing.
No problem, I’m really busy right now but I promise I’ll put up what I know when I get a chance.

dude i'm 3 years in already just affording the parts so i wish you the best of luck

It may be wishful thinking. I’ve got the standard big dreams, small pockets syndrome 🥴

Am looking at LJ that already has full Currie 4” lift (double adjustable uppers, single adjustable lowers, antirock etc) so that could give me good start.

Reactions: 4speedhandler