Checklist for a 3" lift

What kind of answer is that? are you starting another fight?

LQtOMQ2pMPgYznDTu-HXoGhGx9I_wwbCGLexdsa0fsc.jpg

lol

No, not starting a fight - just stating a fact. I've never found a beer I could stand. All of it tastes like bitter piss water. Rums are about the only thing I can take and that's pushing it.

Reactions: TJ2
lol

No, not starting a fight - just stating a fact. I've never found a beer I could stand. All of it tastes like bitter piss water. Rums are about the only thing I can take and that's pushing it.

Same. Really can't stand beer. I've tried enough to know that I just don't care. Whiskies and bourbons are ok, but I don't seek them out.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
There’s nothing wrong with being a tea totaller! Certainly won’t get you in trouble!

There’s nothing wrong with being a tea totaller! Certainly won’t get you in trouble!
It's more of a disinterest than a personal prohibition. And it has gotten me in trouble during my younger years. :)

Trust me, I'd have loved to have been able to hang out with my friends and have a beer - I wanted to, which is why I've tried sooooo many different kinds in an effort to find one I can tolerate - but it just doesn't exist. I just cannot tolerate that bitter taste that is a part of all beers.

I'm convinced that I'm a super-taster. Back in school, we used those pieces of paper that if you put it in your mouth and experience the bitter taste, you're like... (it was PTC, my mistake). That paper almost made me gag it tasted that bitter. Looking at what supertasters typically like and dislike...

"Although individual food preference for supertasters cannot be typified, documented examples for either lessened preference or consumption include:
Other foods may also show altered patterns of preference and consumption, but only indirect evidence exists:

I have a strong distastes for beers, tequila, green veggies, coffee (with the amount of sugar/creamer/etc I need to put in it, I don't even think it qualifies as coffee anymore), grapefruit is horriffic, I've tried dozens of green teas to find one I can take, mustard is the most foul substance to ever grace this planet, none of those red veggies either...

But I loooooooove me salty foods! Soy sauce on my popcorn, mushrooms, green olives are incredible, dill pickles (and especially Clausen pickles - ooooooooooo...), etc.

5 pages later, and we've run the gamut from a checklist for a 3" lift to dueling gear ratios with 33s to adult beverage preference...did @Squatch start all this? :eek::D

Oh, wait, it was @CybrSlydr !

Did you get any answers to your questions, or too busy refereeing to notice?
Are you implying I have a way of getting off-topic, there, @glwood? :rolleyes: :D

I think we have a habit on this forum of being able to derail threads and go off-topic more than just about any forum out there, haha. My build thread is 35+ pages, at least half of which are off-topic.

Reactions: Squatch
I think we have a habit on this forum of being able to derail threads and go off-topic more than just about any forum out there, haha. My build thread is 35+ pages, at least half of which are off-topic.
At least forum members generally don't get too bent outta shape about it. Seems likes folks have a little fun with it, and then someone will reel it back in with a response to the OP's thread title.

Reactions: Chris and CybrSlydr
Considering the original title, I would say the entire thread is off topic...:D

Reactions: Chris
Wow,
Interesting how many folks are adamant about must have this or that. I guess that’s the power of the internet.

I have two Jeeps, a manual 6 speed 2006 LJ Rubi with 35s and 4.56 gears and an auto 2004 TJ with 33s and 3.73s. I’ve also swapped tires and gears on these Jeeps. The 35/4.56 combo is almost exactly the same as stock tires and 4.10s. The 33/3.73 combo is surely a taller ratio but one that I find acceptable if you don’t mind dropping out of OD to accelerate, pass, or go up an incline.

I also have a spreadsheet I made that allows one to input any transmission, axle ratio, and speed. Some of the info being thrown around this thread is a little loose. Figure out what is acceptable, what you have for goals and run the numbers. Taking some of the advice being dished out here is unlikely to make you happy. Only a few of the folks throwing out recommendations have even considered the very large differences between final drive ratio variations between a 6 speed, 5 speed, and auto.

I find the 4.56/35” combo pretty close to ideal for my 6 speed. I can always drop down to 5th but rarely need to during normal freeway driving. I had 5.13s in the rear end before it was installed in my Jeep, I paid good money to switch to 4.56s. I did my homework myself and I’m happy with my choice. My Jeep cruises comfortably at 75, it wouldn’t if it had a 5.13.

Reactions: Chris