Considering ditching my Moabs for 15" wheels...

Those of you running Moabs and 285s - can you give a few more details on your build? I have issues with rubbing the control arms at full lock now with my 265/75R16 duratracs, I can only imagine how much worse a 285 would be. Also - any issues with stock fenders?

Those of you running Moabs and 285s - can you give a few more details on your build? I have issues with rubbing the control arms at full lock now with my 265/75R16 duratracs, I can only imagine how much worse a 285 would be. Also - any issues with stock fenders?
Tiny rub on my sway bar at complete full lock while turning driver. 2.5” lift and 1.25” BL with 285 km2s

4” lift with Terra Flex lower arms. No rubbing at full lock on the street. Haven’t had a chance to test at full deflection yet.

I ran 1.25" spacers behind my moabs with 315's. On my other Jeep (2004 TJ parts Jeep) I have a set of 305/70-16 ProComp AT's that I found cheap on CL running on a set of clean moab wheels. They are too wide and actually hit the rear spring towers without spacers, I don't recommend that size tire. Regardless of 285, 295, 305, or 315, make sure the aspect ratio is 75 or 80.

Since we are talking Moab wheels I should mention there are several small variations, machined finish, painted finish, silver windows, grey windows, stepped windows. Seems they changed each year between 2003-2006, different for the Sahara edition. The set I currently have are the correct 2006 Sahara Rubicon wheels with machined faces and dark grey windows and they are nearly perfect! Make me an offer if anybody is interested, they would make a nice upgrade for a worthy Jeep. I just don't have a worthy Jeep...

IMG_2269.JPG

I ran 1.25" spacers behind my moabs with 315's. On my other Jeep (2004 TJ parts Jeep) I have a set of 305/70-16 ProComp AT's that I found cheap on CL running on a set of clean moab wheels. They are too wide and actually hit the rear spring towers without spacers, I don't recommend that size tire. Regardless of 285, 295, 305, or 315, make sure the aspect ratio is 75 or 80.

Since we are talking Moab wheels I should mention there are several small variations, machined finish, painted finish, silver windows, grey windows, stepped windows. Seems they changed each year between 2003-2006, different for the Sahara edition. The set I currently have are the correct 2006 Sahara Rubicon wheels with machined faces and dark grey windows and they are nearly perfect! Make me an offer if anybody is interested, they would make a nice upgrade for a worthy Jeep. I just don't have a worthy Jeep...
Why do they mount the weights on the outside!!! Haha if you were closer I would be very interested in those.

@basic - 3.5in MetalCloak, 285/75r16 Duratracs, 1.25in Spidertrax wheel spacers currently. With a 2in inch BDS lift and 285s I rubbed the LCAs till I added a washer on the steering stops. Offroad I was rubbing the sway bar and part of the back fenderwell when flexing. With the new lift I added the Spidertrax spacers and bump stopped correctly, and was able to remove the washers from the steering stops.

The set I currently have are the correct 2006 Sahara Rubicon wheels with machined faces and dark grey windows and they are nearly perfect! Make me an offer if anybody is interested, they would make a nice upgrade for a worthy Jeep. I just don't have a worthy Jeep...

2005s for the Sahara Rubicon Wheels and they usually fetch a nice price. What are you looking to get for them? I know several Rubihara owners that might be interested in getting the OEM wheels back.