Coolant leak from A/C drain?

I disagree. It's very easy to remove the HVAC box without pulling the column, and that way you don't have to risk damaging the clockspring.
When I did mine I got everything taken loose and tied it back with ratchet straps from the roll bar. The steering column can stay just have to work around it. Everything is on the passenger side anyway.

I disagree. It's very easy to remove the HVAC box without pulling the column, and that way you don't have to risk damaging the clockspring.

It is a few screws.. 1 bolt(?)... and a few wires unplugged. (5?)

Fairly easy to remove column. Imo

The reason I suggest removing the column is to better prevent cracking or damaging the cheap brittle plastic dash, or the wires and hoses behind it. Plus better acces to the firewall studs.. in case they are stubborn.

Each their own though. The extra work to remove the column seems worth it to me.

Less struggle... less risk.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
So this weekend I looked into this a bit more and can confirm that coolant is coming from the A/C drain line. I found paperwork where a new heater core was installed in 2018. Curious if a bad thermostat or anything else would make this happen? If it truly is a bad heater core can I just do a bypass for now and fix it this fall when I'll need heat? (I'm in south Alabama so I won't need the heat until mid November) Any negatives for this for a few months.

So this weekend I looked into this a bit more and can confirm that coolant is coming from the A/C drain line. I found paperwork where a new heater core was installed in 2018. Curious if a bad thermostat or anything else would make this happen? If it truly is a bad heater core can I just do a bypass for now and fix it this fall when I'll need heat? (I'm in south Alabama so I won't need the heat until mid November) Any negatives for this for a few months.
No issue at all running with the heater core bypassed and no with coolant leaking out the drain it's the core leaking.

No issue at all running with the heater core bypassed and no with coolant leaking out the drain it's the core leaking.
Awesome. I bought a bypass kit last night from ORileys and can gladly say the heater core has been bypassed for a few months.

Reactions: TJ4Jim