Cracked transfer case housing

Sure its not an NP231j?

They've gone up some, but they are floating around on Facebook marketplace.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2000678713422190?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:adf5f3e5-5f3d-4d3f-aa45-24f1f556eae7

Otherwise, try car-part.com for a junk yard near you or craigslist.org.

Make sure it works with your transmission.
Thank you. After closer inspection, it is a 231. Thanks for your quick reply.

It's not just him saying it, Jiffy Lube specifically and some other quick lube places have earned a terrible reputation for doing anything they can to get more $$$ out of their customers. They have been on many TV news programs where investigative reporters were sent in with vehicles that were inspected ahead of time without any work needing to be done. They continue to catch Jiffy Lube claiming extra unnecessary work is required.

My personal story... I normally changed the engine oil in my wife's Lexus but this once I took it to our local Jiffy Lube. I had just installed a new air filter a week or so before I took it to Jiffy Lube. So I'm sitting in the waiting room when the manager walked in and said said my air filter was nearly completely plugged with dirt and it "was a miracle" the engine was running well at all, immediately followed by saying they had a special going on air filters and they could replace it for "only $79.95". Yes, that much.

Suppressing a big shit-eating grin, I got up and started walking toward the door toward the service bay area saying I wanted to see it. He said I couldn't go out there and I replied 'Try and stop me'. He followed me out and when I got to my wife's car I instructed/demanded they show me the plugged air filter. It got real quiet among them. It became clear they not only hadn't seen my air filter, they didn't even know how to get to it. A Lexus thing, it was accessed from the front of the engine. I opened it up and showed them my brand-new and still pristine clean air filter. They knew they had been caught red-handed in a big lie.

I really raised hell so the manager offered me a free service that day. Here's where it gets even better. Instead of draining my engine oil, they accidentally drained the transmission. They didn't have any ATF that met the Lexus spec so they had to go to the local Lexus dealer to get it and the bill for the ATF was something like $120 they had to pay for.

So I got a free oil change and new ATF but it was 2.5 hours before I finally got out of there. Never again will I even consider using a Jiffy Lube.
Similarly a local tire place I had swap on some tires that does mechanic work tried to tell me that Kat's 01 needed new rear pads since they were down to less than 5000 miles of thickness left. I asked how much pad does it have when it is new?
What?
I said, well, in order for you to tell me how much it has left in miles, you have to know how much it started with, the mileage it had when they were put on, how many miles they have on them and then you can roughly calculate how many miles are left based on thickness.

Our techs know by looking.

Really? Do they also know that 01 TJ's don't come with rear discs?

crickets.

They will be fine. I'll take care of it when the time comes.

Okay sir, but you have to sign this work order stating you declined the work and it is unsafe to drive. Fuck right off.

I checked when I got home, about 1/4 of the pad was gone in 20,000 miles of use.

Wow. that’s a very bold statement.
Any proof or you just running your mouth?
JL didn't tighten the drain plug on my brother's Ford truck. They tried to blame him, but they changed the oil 3 days earlier. It ran out of oil and they had to spring for several thousand dollars for the dealership to replace crap. That employee doesn't work there anymore, for some reason. I wouldn't let them rotate my tires either. They think impact wrenches are for tightening lug nuts until the studs snap off. :rolleyes:
p.s. Stay in school kids.

It's not just him saying it, Jiffy Lube specifically and some other quick lube places have earned a terrible reputation for doing anything they can to get more unwarranted $$$ out of their customers. They have been on many TV news programs where investigative reporters were sent in with vehicles that were inspected ahead of time without any work needing to be done. They continue to catch Jiffy Lube claiming extra unnecessary work is required.

My personal story... I normally changed the engine oil in my wife's Lexus but this once I took it to our local Jiffy Lube. I had just installed a new air filter a week or so before I took it to Jiffy Lube. So I'm sitting in the waiting room when the manager walked in and said said the air filter was nearly completely plugged with dirt and it "was a miracle" the engine was running well at all. Immediately followed by saying they had a special going on air filters and they could replace it for "only $79.95". Yes, that much.

Suppressing a big shit-eating grin, I got up and started walking toward the door to the service bay area saying I wanted to see it. He said I couldn't go out there and I replied 'Try and stop me'. He followed me out and when I got to my wife's car I instructed/demanded they show me the plugged air filter. It got real quiet among them. It became clear they not only hadn't seen my air filter, they didn't even know how to get to it. A Lexus thing, it was accessed from the front of the engine. I opened it up and showed them my brand-new and still pristine clean air filter. They knew they had been caught red-handed in a big lie.

I really raised hell so the manager offered me a free service that day. Here's where it gets even better. Instead of draining my engine oil, they accidentally drained the transmission. They didn't have any ATF that met the Lexus spec so they had to go to the local Lexus dealer to get it and the bill for the ATF was something like $120 they had to pay for.

So I got a free oil change and new ATF but it was 2.5 hours before I finally got out of there. Never again will I even consider using a Jiffy Lube.

The good this is Lexus would have probably charged $500 to change your trans fluid lol. You got a awesome deal that day

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford