Currie Antirock vs Disconnects: Why settle for one when you can have both

For the purposes of trying to quantify this, I found a post that says a stock connected TJ's RTI score is 530-550. This translates into about 17" of vertical distance from the ground.

The Flex connect looks like it has about an inch of travel from neutral. Can we estimate an increase to 18-18.5"?

I'll have a number for you shortly, based on my 3" lift and 33" tires.

Reactions: jjvw
Let's say 21.50" with sway bar connected.

Got about an inch to go before hitting the jounces.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Disco'd.

Front tire has about a finger's clearance before touching the plastic arch of the flare mounting.

Jounce is little over half way compressed to the bump.

Drooped side spring is loose but not unseated, mostly due to the shock as the limiter.

What more interesting is look how much more clearance I have on the stuffed rear side vs. with the sway bar connected.

And the numbers,

I'll give it a conservative 26".

Disco'd.
View attachment 82123
Front tire has about a finger's clearance before touching the plastic arch of the flare mounting.
View attachment 82124
Jounce is little over half way compressed to the bump.
View attachment 82125
Drooped side spring is loose but not unseated, mostly due to the shock as the limiter.

What more interesting is look how much more clearance I have on the stuffed rear side vs. with the sway bar connected.
View attachment 82127
And the numbers,
View attachment 82131
I'll give it a conservative 26".

How long are your shocks? Weren't you running OME's before? I might see something interesting.

I keep a ziptie on the left front shock piston and the right rear. I have about 1.25" of piston still available on the stuffed rear, but I'm bumped for the TB relocation mount, which I can probably change now with the added half inch BL.

This is from two years ago. ~9" travel OME shocks with everything set up to use their full travel, similar tire size, seated coils, Antirock in the middle setting. The trash can is 28" tall. I probably could have raised up higher before being on 2 wheels.

Last edited:
Looks like 28" to me. I could have pushed another inch out of it before rubbing hard on the inner fender. My wheel offset is probably different than yours as well. I'm as 3.75" BS.

My right rear tire was nowhere near off the ground yet, so my limitation is my tire size and lift height choice.

If you have a stock setup, will FCs bring any additional benefit on road or offroad (other than by use of different springs perhaps)?

That combo becomes comparable to Swayloc manual lever version ($689). And I still don't fully understand if FC+AR usage as @jjvw suggests would be better overall than Swayloc for on-road and off-road. The main advantage of the AR+FC combo is the tunability aspect of the AR, but I think that Swyloc has similar (but may not be as much) tunability.
I agree if you’re looking for a dual rate solution, why not a $wayLok?

My right rear tire was nowhere near off the ground yet, so my limitation is my tire size and lift height choice.

Shocks and bumps would be the hard travel limits regardless of the lift height.

I think we can assume that we are/were close in overall movements between my AR and your disconnected.

The difference is in how the rear behaves in relation to the resistance coming from the front. We can see this in your forklift test today. The more resistant the front is to articulation, the more the rear will move in reaction to the front.

The Flex Connect will play a role in how the rear behaves.

Reactions: psrivats
The difference is in how the rear behaves in relation to the resistance coming from the front. We can see this in your forklift test today. The more resistant the front is to articulation, the more the rear will move in reaction to the front.

It's finally coming together for me. Both your pics and @bobthetj03's photos taught me a lot today.