Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Body stays the same length. The wheel openings will shift backwards using uncut aluminum corners.

I am very tempted to make a bad joke in poor taste involving a Mohel. But I will stay quiet 😂

Please take enough photos to make a better version of the MetalCloak animation that we can point people to that come and ask this question in the future. Perhaps also add something like "Diagram shows 35s with the necessary amount of lift" and "no rubbing" :)

2439-TJ-Extended-Stretch-Corner-Guards-Wheel-Base.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvw
Please take enough photos to make a better version of the MetalCloak animation that we can point people to that come and ask this question in the future. Perhaps also add something like "Diagram shows 35s with the necessary amount of lift" and "no rubbing" :)

View attachment 303184
They'll just dismiss it like others currently around that "the crew" hates MC.

Setting aside the general distrust of MC, the bolt pattern on that armor is stupid (and displaces the fuel filler...).

They'll just dismiss it like others currently around that "the crew" hates MC.

Setting aside the general distrust of MC, the bolt pattern on that armor is stupid.

I barely got past the "Allows for up to 35's comfortably on a stock LJ with no rubbing" in that link and failed to see the fasteners. I need to learn to become more stoic.

edit: those extra bolts may be for their "quick release flares"

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
I barely got past the "Allows for up to 35's comfortably on a stock LJ with no rubbing" in that link and failed to see the fasteners. I need to learn to become more stoic.
It looks like they omitted the bit about "with a large quantity more of bump stop", but hey - I just hate them and can't objectively view them since I wheel with Josh.

I also noticed the reason for the weird bolt holes, which IMO anyone doing this kind of work would do themselves if they want them (more of us would probably choose our own patterns):
  • "Mounting System for the Rear Flares"

Reactions: jjvw
It looks like they omitted the bit about "with a large quantity more of bump stop", but hey - I just hate them and can't objectively view them since I wheel with Josh.

I also noticed the reason for the weird bolt holes, which IMO anyone doing this kind of work would do themselves if they want them (more of us would probably choose our own patterns):
  • "Mounting System for the Rear Flares"

You are definitely more stoic.

Did you also notice they conveniently did not animate the gas tank opening? :) Like you see in college text books, it is an exercise left for the reader.

• Wow
Reactions: rasband
I am very tempted to make a bad joke in poor taste involving a Mohel. But I will stay quiet 😂

View attachment 303184
This diagram is dumb and typically misleading. When I cut my own openings, they will be slightly larger than the 35" tire at full stuff. And I have a suspicion that the opening could be slightly smaller than stock.

Reactions: psrivats
Alright, hurry up already. I’m really intrigued on this style of stretch and want to see how it plays out.

View attachment 303708
It will be a bit. I need a second sliding seat base so I can mock up, build, and install the fuel cell. Then I need to decide what I am doing for sliders. Followed by blank corners. Rear driveshaft, fix the exhaust, relocate the emissions. Somewhere during or after, I want to put the spare tire in the bed as part of a redesigned cargo shelf.

And at some point before Spring, I want to get new tires, which includes mounting the Coyote beadlocks and a hub kit.

There is a lot to do.

It will be a bit. I need a second sliding seat base so I can mock up, build, and install the fuel cell. Then I need to decide what I am doing for sliders. Followed by blank corners. Rear driveshaft, fix the exhaust, relocate the emissions. Somewhere during or after, I want to put the spare tire in the bed as part of a redesigned cargo shelf.

And at some point before Spring, I want to get new tires, which includes mounting the Coyote beadlocks and a hub kit.

There is a lot to do.
So you should get it finished up by Monday?