Dedication to my job

We had a guy turn in 26 hours for one day at work.

No one in my company has been able to come close to that record.

We were so impressed , we told him he didn't have to ever work that hard for us again, and let him go.

I was months away from 20 years with the big yellow tractor company in Peoria IL in the fall of 2015. They announced there would be 10k people laid off. Yes, 10,000. Sure enough, not just me but my whole DEPARTMENT was let go. We were doing long term planning...future footprint of the company and all that. Guess we didn't see that one coming!

I had a pension and 401k with them, but was forced to move them out. They allowed me at least to roll the pension into an IRA, like the 401k. So at least I was able to keep what had accumulated in the pension.

But still........

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch
I was months away from 20 years with the big yellow tractor company in Peoria IL in the fall of 2015. They announced there would be 10k people laid off. Yes, 10,000. Sure enough, not just me but my whole DEPARTMENT was let go. We were doing long term planning...future footprint of the company and all that. Guess we didn't see that one coming!

I had a pension and 401k with them, but was forced to move them out. They allowed me at least to roll the pension into an IRA, like the 401k. So at least I was able to keep what had accumulated in the pension.

But still........
Yep my wife is 26 years at same company, 8 years ago they froze the pension and last year wrote a check "saying your on your own". Then 2 years ago the eliminated retirement medical with no substitution or compensation??? The sad part is that she works for a larger health insurance company and they took their own insurance off the table for retirement.

• Sad
Kudos, and whats the secret to your longevity? Not at the job, but in life?!?!?! I graduated in '84 (1984 that is) and some days the struggle is real with aches and pains. You rock it!

• Haha