Do I have a dropped pitman arm and a double brace track bar?

Thanks. Pitman arms are relatively cheap new. I don't notice too much bumpsteer currently. I was inquiring because I had been reading that a dropped arm was a bad idea. If I have to change every piece in the front end, I need to do a bit more planning. I thought maybe just swapping in a stock geometry pitman would be the first step. Maybe the first step is to compile a list of all the parts I might need to swap back to stock.

1. Pitman
2. Adj, trackbar
3.?

That looks like you have some old Fabtech stuff on there. Dropped pitman arms are bad if you are not addressing the track bar angle at the same time. I would take a good look at those control arms too.

I’m curious what problem you are trying to address? Are you wanting a stock pitman arm because you read it was better or is the Jeep doing something you want to correct?
Good question. It has minor steering issues. The larger problem is a harsh ride and old components. I’m evaluating what needs to be addressed first. I have been reading that a dropped pitman arm is to be avoided.

Good question. It has minor steering issues. The larger problem is a harsh ride and old components. I’m evaluating what needs to be addressed first. I have been reading that a dropped pitman arm is to be avoided.
Harsh ride is going to relate more to your shocks, the load range of your tires, and the pressure of those tires.

To start, what shocks are you running, what load range (C is the best for our light rigs) and the PSI and size of those tires?

You can improve ride quality without changing steering geometry as long as you're only addressing ride. To address steering that's when you will need to explore converting back to a more common setup with stock pitman and stock trackbar location.

Harsh ride is going to relate more to your shocks, the load range of your tires, and the pressure of those tires.

To start, what shocks are you running, what load range (C is the best for our light rigs) and the PSI and size of those tires?

You can improve ride quality without changing steering geometry as long as you're only addressing ride. To address steering that's when you will need to explore converting back to a more common setup with stock pitman and stock trackbar location.

Front shocks are Rancho 9000 on setting 1
Rears are Rancho 5000x
C-rated Tires at 26psi

Front shocks are Rancho 9000 on setting 1
Rears are Rancho 5000x
C-rated Tires at 26psi

Tires are good assuming they're around 33"s. I have the Rancho 7000 and they're firm but its definitely not a rough ride. Are they blown? If you push down on a corner of the jeep, does it rebound and bounce or does the shock control the rebound?

Tires are good assuming they're around 33"s. I have the Rancho 7000 and they're firm but its definitely not a rough ride. Are they blown? If you push down on a corner of the jeep, does it rebound and bounce or does the shock control the rebound?
I still need to measure up down travel doing the zip tie method. The rebound ok. I have new 5000x not installed yet. Mostly it’s little drops (1”) in pavement that are uncomfortable. I do wonder about tires. They are 33” Falken WildPeak.

I have the same exact lift kit on my 98. Dropped track bar and pitman arm, same control arms, the whole 9. It works fine for me but I do want to replace the track bar and pitman arm eventually.

I have the same exact lift kit on my 98. Dropped track bar and pitman arm, same control arms, the whole 9. It works fine for me but I do want to replace the track bar and pitman arm eventually.
Wow. Cool I guess. Makes sense as mine just came from California. Dual brace?